ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions please V6 or Ferrari

Hi Guys (& gals)

just wanted some honest opinions .

Sitting with my mate at work who is seriously looking a buying the following cars :

Ferrari 348 TS (targa) (red with crema leather RHD FSH 40,000 miles) or

a brand new V6 Clio

The Ferrrari is more or less similar price to the V6.

What would you guys go for (forgetting if possible the servicing costs of the Prancing Horse (heart ruling the mind there !))

For pics of a 348 goto http://www.talacrest.comwww.talacrest.com and look on the stock listing. (7th car down is a good example of a 348 there (but not the one hes looking at )

also there is a mad car on there if anyone has £400,000 to spend !!!

if you guys can give your thoughts that would be great .

cheers all.

I have driven a 348 GTS around Silverstone. They are not the best Ferrari ever made but as people have said above, it is still a Ferrari.

Nissan Jewk

Quote: Originally posted by James on 07 October 2004

Id go for the Clio. Much easier to spell day to day than a Ferrierri
PMSL! yeah, just 4 this reason!

Renault Laguna Coupe

What will the car be used for? Is it a second or a third car?

If its a first car, forget the Ferrari. Itll be a money pit - off the road more than on.

For a weekend / summer car though, who wouldnt like a Ferrari!

come on your in a club talking to a bird and she asks what car do you drive?? you say a renault clio v6 blah blah blah, all she understood was renault clio and thought hmm iv got one of those (1.2 16v) or you say ferrari and stop there get youtr coat youv pulled.

Street Triple R

If its to be used every day you should forget the Ferrari as it will be too expensive, but if it is a second car/weekend car then definately go for the Ferrari

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by m4rk on 07 October 2004

come on your in a club talking to a bird and she asks what car do you drive?? you say a renault clio v6 blah blah blah, all she understood was renault clio and thought hmm iv got one of those (1.2 16v) or you say ferrari and stop there get youtr coat youv pulled.
Exactly! go for the Ferrari!!

Ferrari would be nice, but I agree its a Money Pit, anything that goes wrong will cost a small fortune to fix.

Id go with the Clio, as nice as the Ferrari I dont think its worth it.

Whats the 0-60 times on the 348?

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 07 October 2004

If its to be used every day you should forget the Ferrari as it will be too expensive, but if it is a second car/weekend car then definately go for the Ferrari
if you could afford either of these cars i would expect to hav a runaround as well?????

Quote: Originally posted by m4rk on 07 October 2004

Exactly, I get fed up trying to explain that mine is a quick car and not a bog standardo shopping trolley

Lionel Richie

cliopatra comin at ya!!!

my girlfriends dad has a 355 and thats EXPENSIVE to service (think it needs the belts doing every 12000 IIRC)

but a new CAT is surprisingly only £150!! (but there are 4 of them i think)

mike c - those pics are spot on mate except the 348 my mates lookin at is a "targa"

dont know how you get the pics up so quick ! quality !:D

yeah the problem with ferraris is that the "belts" need replacing every 3 yrs no matter what milage you do or every 12,000 ( i think) and its an engine out job except for the 328 , but the 348 and 355 is a lot of money.

the 355 you need mortgage forms !!

the 348 is cheap to buy now (even less in left hand drive form) but it will be used as a weekend car in relation to this thread.

the v6 is stunning but the ferrari is the car to have (even for a while) and then sell on and buy the v6 -

I still love the turbo 2 car in james bond (never say never) hmmm

Revels Mum & Sister

Weekend = Ferrari HANDS DOWN
Everyday use = V6

I think they look better than the V6 IMHO

Remapped derv Golf

Saw a program once with some pillock with a brown 400i (cost about £8k i think). Still reckoned it was so dam easy to pull in.

[Edited by Adamf on 07 October 2004 at 7:04pm]

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 07 October 2004

FERRARI!

Italians do it better. <SCRIPT language=javascript>
They do make fiats though!

[Edited by cliopower on 07 October 2004 at 8:16pm]

Id have the V6, they are less common in UK than Ferraris...lol

Also Ferrari running costs are just stupid.....way to expensive to run.

Simon.

but then again I am biased.....lol