ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions please V6 or Ferrari

You only live once buy the ferrari, its like the perfect looking woman who makes u spray ur pants everytime get in her but you stick with even tho shes high maintenance gives, u grief every month, and guzzles all your money.

Ferrari.

Easy choice Id say its either a supercar manurfacturer or a run of the mill car manurfacturer.

The

Megane 225 baby! :)

Quote: Originally posted by Pug_fuct on 07 October 2004

You only live once buy the ferrari, its like the perfect looking woman who makes u spray ur pants everytime get in her but you stick with even tho shes high maintenance gives, u grief every month, and guzzles all your money.
pmsl ^^^ - much as I love the v6, has got to be the ferrari :cool:

Ferrari 348 average minor service £950:eek:

Average Major service £1500-2000:eek:

Cam belt changed every 30000 @ £1500-2000:eek:

I think I will stick with my V6.....:D

Simon.

^^^ Shmall.... u forgot something!! ALL 4 tyres must be changed at the same time!! and they are worn out by 8-10k miles! so every 8 months NEW SET! on a Ferrari... these arent going to be pennies!! lol.. Plus everything else you mentioned... PLUS Group 20 Ferrari insurance! lol.. You talking about £5000 per year for this little lot ...and imagine Fuel costs! Plus u better pray nothing breaks!! LOL..

Not a good comparison IMO

Yeah the ferrari may cost all that but WHAT a car and above all else, THE NOISE, ferrari engines sound like nothing else, id be prepared to pay that extra for owning a ferrari, but i spose i never will:(

Just out of curiosity whats everyone elses favourite ferrari?

355 f1 or 328 get my vote

Yeah have all ways liked the 355 and 360 modena.....But would need a fortune to run one..... one for the lottery I guess?? then I can keep my V6....lol

Simon.

mine is the 355 cab - love the look from the rear and the way it sits on the road ! sublime !

the 328 is a great car also but looking a little dated now but still... a great car.

and i agree with what you say about the noise ;) no other car sounds like a ferrari -

Octavia VRS

I am a 355/360 man too, but my fav has to be the incredible F40!! What a machine, Id trade my lady in for one...!:eek:

Come on, who needs a damn ferrari, were getting into the realms of sad teenage dreams here! The costs will be astronomical and one the initial stigma wears as thin as your wallet you will think there are better ways to bankrupt yourself. I mean yeah ferraris may pull girls but it will only be the vain slappers with blonde brains that will care bout it, and put it this way if you need a ferrari for that then your one sad hombre.

V6 for all the right reasons, and you wont look like the attention seeking wally with the small bulge in his trousers. (and no thats not his change off £10000 for a service) LMAO. <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by HazzyP on 08 October 2004 at 12:45am]

not really hazzyP - no dreams here mate - what stupid comments.

I dont see those who all drive ferraris as people who want to pull girls.

thats a "concept" that people like you make when jealousy takes over.

what a knob !

p.s how many poeple do you know who own ferraris ?

thats like putting all clio owners in the same category as boy racers -

not all of us who own 172, 182 etc are boy racers and not all bmw drivers (for example) are arrogant drivers who dont let anyone out !

as for you info im 33 and own a ferrari and my "dream" became real. some costs granted are a lot but it doesnt "bankrupt" me like you state.

you comments sound like jealousy and not contructive to this discussion.

afterall if you dont have a goal in life then thats upto you. but i dont sl*g off any v6 owners for not buying a different car other than a v6 clio.

if you see people on here with nice cars and want to discuss them then be pleased for them.

i note there is a noble driver on here and many v6 clio drivers and its great to see people aspire to these ownerships / driving oppourtunities.

dont hate the player hate the game - (i think the saying goes !!!)

p.s for ref : i know 4 people who own ferraris and none are characters who need the prancing horse to enhance their "pulling" abilities.

they are solid professional people who are able to fund and enjoy the type of car they have chose. i dont see them pulling women in traffic or driving up to them on the street and saying "hi"

thats your "conception" .

as i said before - you sound Jealous.

good luck to anyone on here who owns any sort of car who wants to try and own a "higher profile" vehicle.

we all have to start somewhere and for you information not all blondes like ferraris !!!! (joke)

one thing i note - more poeple smile when they see you comming in a ferrari than in a porsche ( from my experience)

and for what its worth i also own a 172 which I love so sometimes its not about the money.

Rant Over.

Apologies to anyone who may disagree with my comments. this was meant to be a fun article but you always find one person who misses the picture.

:mad:

Octavia VRS

^^^ jesus what a rant mate!

Its still a dream to me, but u never know one day if i ever become an IT professional! I agree not all Ferrari drivers are total poseurs, its the whole owning experience and its an amazing machine whatever model u have!

My wee 1.4 will have to do for now.....!

sorry POW_Clio

you are sooooooooo right its all about the owning experience and also the driving pleasure - take the 172 for example or the 182.

some people have upgraded from the 172 to 182 for various reasons.

both good cars but its personal choice.

not all love ferraris (i dont get that IMO) but thats what choice is all about.

we started off with a 1.4 clio sport 4 years ago then upgraded.a

anyway a ferrari doesnt have to be expensive if you know where to look and find a decent (non dealer ) service center.

some are the prices of new fords which cant be bad.

still The 355 Rules IMO! in red of course.!

resident evil - understand what youre saying mate, but I personally think ferraris are a little too showy for me.

to me, they could drive like a dream, but they still look a bit too showy (and im afraid to say "the look" of a car matters to me). To me, "the look" must be understated.

Im personally more of an understated car person - love the 172, love the RS6 and any cars that dont look that hot - but comparatively are.

Its a shame the reputation of some ferrari drivers here in oz give it a bad name, as do the reputations of WRX drivers.

on the topic of girls - i know a hell of a lot of girls who would be embarrassed if they were picked up for a date in a ferrari.

just my thoughts.

Cant belive people are recommending the 348.

Remember the V6 vs. SL Merc thread? Same scenario..get the Ferrai and youll look like a pikey. Its not a classic and never will be.

The 348 is crap, the later ones were even worse. The deciding factor has to be the running costs, its all very well going with your heart but you have to accept that you will take on the running costs or something worth closer to £100k.

-Rob

Clio 200 Cup packed

In an ideal world.

FERRARI! FERRARI! FERRARI! FERRARI! FERRARI!

In this world.

Would you leave a ferrari on tescos car park?

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I think its quite a valiant attempt. Normally theyre always 355 kits but to go to that extreme takes some balls.

Down side is its not a turbo so isnt very quick.

Clio 200 Cup packed

theres are MR2/355 replica near me and the bloke is a reet pr*ck...

"NO MATE, ITS AN MR2.........w**ker"

:cry:

300bhp MR2 Turbo

All depends how much your willing to spend. Can go as far as changing nearly all the body panels.

Class it as a kit car then and get cheaper insurance than the base car!

Im sure the first red 348 that mike posted looks like an MR2.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

I know the 348 and 355 are different but Clarkson said he always wished he hadnt got the 355 targa because of wind noise IIRC. I would only reallly consider a 355 or newer personally, in black with tints and a racing exhaust system :)

There is a 360 with a youngish owner in my area with exactly that look Coolspot.. Would prefer a red one myself!

-Rob

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 08 October 2004

Cant belive people are recommending the 348.

Remember the V6 vs. SL Merc thread? Same scenario..get the Ferrai and youll look like a pikey. Its not a classic and never will be.

The 348 is crap, the later ones were even worse. The deciding factor has to be the running costs, its all very well going with your heart but you have to accept that you will take on the running costs or something worth closer to £100k.

-Rob
Rob, I just hate it when you sit on the fence.:D

Quote: Originally posted by homerjay on 08 October 2004

theres are MR2/355 replica near me and the bloke is a reet pr*ck...

"NO MATE, ITS AN MR2.........w**ker"

:cry:

completely agree ^^^ I saw a yellow MR2/355 rep.. its was so sad to me they actually believe they are driving real Ferraris! Fools!

If u cant afford a real one... dont bother mate!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Whats the difference between an MR2/355 replica and a kit car?

Absolutely nothing if they did it right.

The incurance cos see it that was as well.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

Love almost everthing Italian, but

park a Ferrari - keyed with you rich wa*ker envy!

park a v6 - thumbed and nosed with friendly & curious wow envy!

Id love a Ferrari (but @ 40K half way to a complete engine rebuild), but Id buy the Clio!

Clio 200 Cup packed

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 08 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 08 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by lou_m on 07 October 2004

Or this.....

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1097171494__DSCF2573.jpg

oy stop it replying using the same picture as me im trying to get an answer !!!! feck face. ;) is that elvington

[Edited by cliotuRS on 08 October 2004 at 3:44pm]

bloody hell calm down sonny....

Actually. for what its worth i think ferraris are posers cars. there isnt anyway they cant be. sure there beautiful and id probably have one. but given choices like that i would rather choose another brand (although the new F430 modena looks advanced).

sure then sound awesome, BTBH so does my mates wrx sti ppp with huge recirc dump valve, and exhaust system. in fact that sounds like a 757 taking off and not like a wasp it a bottle like some old fessers do.

hows about a WR1 impreza 0-60 4.0. that will absolutley blitz both in performance terms. and still look awesome. or perhaps the new caterham 200bhp model (25K)with 0-60 3.7 secs just as loud and with just as much headturning ability.

in fact having read how the new MR FQ-400 Evo lancer is the fastest real world road legal car ever poin to point faster than any ferrari or even the pagani zonda @ 45K id have one of those. saloon cars now eat modern supercars and destrory old ones.

0-60 pagani zonda = 3.7 !!!

0-60 Caterham 200bhp = 3.7 !!!

0-60 FQ-400 = 3.6 !!!!!!!! :devilish:

[Edited by cliotuRS on 08 October 2004 at 3:55pm]

ohh. i was only jokin about the feck face thingy. i love you really.

now get of my planet !