ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Long story short (no jokes) I have a brand new carbon bonnet for free.

Do I fit it, as a replacement for my stonechipped OE one, paint it then fit it, or just sell it and put the money towards a front-end spray?

Personally, I quite like the look of it in bare carbon, but also I kinda think it spoils the 'clean' look. That sounds well faggy, but you know I mean.

I knocked up a quick Photoshop of it, and also removed the foglights for imaginary ventage, just like when you do it for real.

Also, my wheels are going in this weekend for a full refurb, but I'm tempted to go matte black, if I got for the bonnet. The diamond is silver in that pic, despite looking white in the picture.

Halp!

8c90fbd6.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looks shite but if you do do it your wheels will need to change colour IMO!

Matte black would look good.

Looks alright like that tbh, I wouldn't paint the wheels black personally, maybe get the diamonds done black but leave the wheels white. Can always paint the bonnet at a later date and refit it. Stickerbomb part of the rear screen too ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Here's a picture from four years ago, before I had the Trophy wheels powder coated.

Maybe go back to Anthracite?

I've already got plenty of stickers ;) I want the car perfect, visually now it's mechanically sound.

DSC03301.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm thinking super-glossy Anthracite wheels, glossy carbon front diamond and the carbon bonnet.

But then I still love the white wheels and think it makes the colour of the car look mental.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I agree. I think I'm just bored. Ok, so I'll stick with the white wheels.

When I first got them done... 50k ago!

DSC_0014.jpg

SG9 Forester STi
It's one of my favourite Clio's on here aswell. I'd say keep it as it is, not faggy, you're right it has a very clean look going on at the moment and it looks awesome!

Also (completely unrelated to my opinion) if you do sell it ...dibs ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. Yeah, I think I'll sell it towards painting the front end.

Anyone know a decent bodyshop in the North West? I need wings, bumper and bonnet doing.

172 Cup
Yeah, I agree. I think I'm just bored. Ok, so I'll stick with the white wheels.

When I first got them done... 50k ago!

DSC_0014.jpg

I get bored with my car & want to change the alloys but then I clean it & love it again, even more so in the sun :)

I love how your headlights look in pictures when there on.

330i. E30 Touring.
If I had a pound for everytime someone put 'dibs' on Chris' car, I'd be a millionaire.

He'll never get rid. (;

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You're so right mate. I don't think I could ever sell.

I want to get it back to how it was at 20k now. Should be by FCS.

SG9 Forester STi
Don't think you should ever get rid, it's mint and looks like you're doing a good job of keeping it that way :approve:

racing blue 182
i thought a carbon bonnet would of went lovley with racing blue but it just doesnt

your rb is stunning bud really smart looking

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
I like it :) matte whees and diamonds too, will defo be something different.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheers! Hopefully it'll be back to being as good as everyone remembers it soon.

Interior's sorted now, wheels done this weekend. Then it's a visit to the dent removal chap, then paint.

If I wasn't attached to it, I'd sell it for a 172 Cup.

racing blue 182

Interior's sorted now, wheels done this weekend. Then it's a visit to the dent removal chap, then paint.

how many miles is on yours dude?

looks really well in every pic ive seen of it:D

I think you should find some cash down the back of the sofa and prove to people that wheels other than Turini's can look good. Little offset, some stretch etc

Italian 3.2 V6
Strangly I like the CF bonnet. Maby it's the actual photo/angle that makes it work.. Not sure :S

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I wouldnt change a thing mate, i really like this car as it is! another car that makes me miss not having my clio

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
how many miles is on yours dude?

looks really well in every pic ive seen of it:D

Because most of the pictures are old mate. lol.

It's not in the best cosmetically, at the mo. Flaking wheels, parking dings, stonechips. Awful. All will be sorted soon though! I'm ashamed I let it get this bad. :dapprove:

It's done 78k now. Bought it on 20k, four years ago this week.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

If you decide to sell, you know where i am ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Sell the CF mate, it looks perfect as it is. Once the front end is all re-painted and fresh again you'll laugh at even entertaining the idea.

<3 the RB :eek:

RB One Eight Two
Awesome car, lose the carbon bonnet and keep the white wheels, even though it looks stunning on anthra turinis.

Lovely car. <3 RB

Renaultsport Clio 182
Bare carbon bonnets look utter gash - you may aswell have a big neon sign on the roof saying "President of Max Power!"

Don't ruin a lovely looking car. You might get away with it if you paint it RB but personally I'd sell it and put the cash towards other things (you mentioned front end respray)

racing blue 182
Because most of the pictures are old mate. lol.

It's not in the best cosmetically, at the mo. Flaking wheels, parking dings, stonechips. Awful. All will be sorted soon though! I'm ashamed I let it get this bad. :dapprove:

It's done 78k now. Bought it on 20k, four years ago this week.

yeah its hard to keep on top of cars when they get used all the time,i hardly do many miles as i have a van for work

still not take much to freshen it up mate:cool:

mines on 30k lol just ran in

Homo spec mazda
if your after a good bodyshop, car cosmetics in trafford park are amazing, not cheap though.

Status
Not open for further replies.