ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange Broadband

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm moving into a new flat and apparently it has a BT line already installed, but as I'm an Orange customer I can get cheap broadband...is it any good?

Never realised how much just a basic phone and broadband pack costs...I can see why my Dad complains about it!

Clio 182 cup'd
I've had Orange for around 3 years, its failed me once in that time. Just recently though it has been slowing down LOADS in the evenings, I don't know whether its the area I'm in or whether Oranage are throttling my connection.

A red missile
Had Wanadoo that became Orange for ages, not had any unusual problems with them, at the moment they're upgrading stuff so it's a bit flaky but on-going it's been fine.

The Plusnet Broadband on our second line is rock solid though - and quicker, and if you need to speak to someone A: You can understand them as they're based in Sheffield and B: They actually know what they're talking about.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I had no problems to begin with until i moved house. Connection was really slow. Phone line was with BT internet with Orange. In the end got it sorted although they did say there was nothing they could do to help me. Then oddly everything was fine. if i had my time again i would stick with the same provider for both. Then if there is any problems one call should do the trick.

Dan

Clio 182 cup'd
The Plusnet Broadband on our second line is rock solid though - and quicker, and if you need to speak to someone A: You can understand them as they're based in Sheffield and B: They actually know what they're talking about.

Plusnet let you speak to them these days? amazing. When I was with them they used an email based customer service. Not ideal when the internet doesn't work. Bunch of retards!

Mito Sportiva 135
Word-easy...that's brilliant!

Ok well don't sound great and I like a steady service...might just go for BT. Can get some TV options then too if I want them.

182 has now gone!
I had Orange broadband at my mums then transfered it when I moved. Never had any probs, been with them about 4 years for internet now.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I had them when they were Freeserve, Wanadoo and Orange. It all went tits up when Orange took over.

Monaco 172
Im with orange, never had any real problems but had issues with my ping being up art around 400 ms for a few weeks. They are also meant to provide the worst speed in peak hours.