ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

order'd the new turbo set up today...

hi folks bit of an update on the TT front....

got on the blower to mike from atp turbo in america today and had a chat regarding my new spec blower!!! obviously in search of bigger hp for totb, the new spec already includes 75 shot of gas, a heavyly modified head to.. anyback to the turbo set up i insisted it needed to flow in acsess of 530hp+ so with this inmind mike as supplyed me with this set up....

1x gt35/40 roller bearing turbo (.86 ar houseing- 4" inlet)

turbogt30.jpg

plus....

1x tail 46mm external wastegate (2.5 bar max load spring)
turbogt301.jpg

im already in the process of haveing a equal lenth manifold made to accomadate the turbo....all this combined with my new set up will see me in the low 11 or possibly a high 10 sec quater mile with drag tyres:cool:

Awesome stuff dude! Didnt know you bought this! Did you sell the 5 in the end?

ta nick:)....the rear engined 5 was sold a few weeks bk mate, i just wasnt useing it no more...especially now im concentratein on my raceing next year

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Go-on-my-son

bet that will shift once done... congrats on the new purchase and hope all goes well

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
Nice work matey, you have used the bam series engine which is mental.Im about to start a turbo kit for my williams but am unsure about a few things. How much will the gear box handle, is it possible for over 400bhp with the f7r, what are the rectrictions?

Nice work matey, you have used the bam series engine which is mental.Im about to start a turbo kit for my williams but am unsure about a few things. How much will the gear box handle, is it possible for over 400bhp with the f7r, what are the rectrictions?

cheers pal, hmm not sure on the gear box mate with that bhp, if it was me i would tune until it breaks!! else youll never no the limits of it, what i do no tho is my mates got a 182 turbo powered 5 running circa 350hp and his box is all go so far:)

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250

cheers pal, hmm not sure on the gear box mate with that bhp, if it was me i would tune until it breaks!! else youll never no the limits of it, what i do no tho is my mates got a 182 turbo powered 5 running circa 350hp and his box is all go so far:)

Why did you go for the engine change, is it a more cost route effective?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Be sure you sell that VF34 + manifold for good money ..... cost me just under £2k new from jabba sport

Be sure you sell that VF34 + manifold for good money ..... cost me just under £2k new from jabba sport

i wont be selling it up pal, its a quality set up that i like a lot, wont be selling for the sake of it, ill just take this set up as far as i can go with it:)