ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordering a 182 :)

Hi

thinking of ordering a 182 - well im a bit further down the road, January delivery is a bit of a pisser :(, but the dealer does not have any pictures of the new colours. Anyone here got a picture of the new colours?

Going for the standard look - no cup bits

any information will be good

VaVa

Sorry mate, not seen any pics of the new colours. There are some pics on here of the 182, but the are just press release type photoshop jobbies, not actual photos. Ummm, if you dont mind me asking, if you have a mk2 172, why are you going for a 182, and not having any of the cup bits?

dk

911 GTS Cab

I was told I can order it this week, am just waiting for them to decide on a resual value for the car on Selections. I had a 172 on order which arrives at the Dealer this week. They have let me cancel it and order the 182 as soon as it is possible. The Titanium colour is not like the current 172 which is Iceberg Silver, it is a colour found on the Espace I am lead to believe. The Black Gold is the one that interests me and I think I have found one example of it from the Frankfurt Motorshow.

http://www.pbase.com/image/21237799http://www.pbase.com/image/21237799

dk

911 GTS Cab

Unfortunately, they arent the ones going on the 182, I think they are part of the continent Personalisation Options

lagerlout1<---- more money than sense - oh well thats what the wife says, mine needs road tax and 4 tyres (and if i go for tyres might as well go for new alloys as well)

Rich-D <----- cup bits - dont know if its worth the extra £500

dave182 <--- black gold looks nice m8

dealer wanted my signature on the papers today - still some dealing needed with the bank manager - the wife ;). They said delivery would be by the end of Jan, but more likely to be end of march - going on some of the delays u cup lads have had :(

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Saber on 23 November 2003

lagerlout1<---- more money than sense - oh well thats what the wife says, mine needs road tax and 4 tyres (and if i go for tyres might as well go for new alloys as well)

dave182 <--- black gold looks nice m8

dealer wanted my signature on the papers today - still some dealing needed with the bank manager - the wife ;). They said delivery would be by the end of Jan, but more likely to be end of march - going on some of the delays u cup lads have had :(
Fair play. IMHO the cup spoiler looks much better than the standard one. I think out of all the options, thats the one I would definitely have. Do you like the new exhaust?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Saber on 23 November 2003

Personally I think the Cup style rear spoiler and front splitter do look better, but they are just styling after all and not "vital" to the car.

However, the handling upgrade is definately one to go for!

yes m8 - its now part of the Lookers Group :( (u know the vauxhall dealers). I got my Megane Coupe and the 172 from them - sales manager top bloke.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I like the new exhaust but all the pics I have seen so far are crap and not very realistic (Photoshop) but the car in the advert (which I know has been altered) looks really nice!

I am ordering the cup spoilers (£150) and the Cup Suspension and Anthracite wheels!

What are everyones thoughts about the suspension? cant decide whether it will ruin the ride if you do a lot of motorway driving but really want the anthracite wheels and they come together, not seperately?

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 23 November 2003

I like the new exhaust but all the pics I have seen so far are crap and not very realistic (Photoshop) but the car in the advert (which I know has been altered) looks really nice!

I am ordering the cup spoilers (£150) and the Cup Suspension and Anthracite wheels!

What are everyones thoughts about the suspension? cant decide whether it will ruin the ride if you do a lot of motorway driving but really want the anthracite wheels and they come together, not seperately?
Having driven both, I didnt think that the Cups different suspension was noticeably different to the 172 (in terms of comfort/harshness, not cornering ability, before any of the cup owners rear up!!), albeit over a short distance. If you are doing lots of motorway driving and not blasting through some twisties/doing trackdays, why bother? Are you sure you cant get the wheels seperately? Are there any aftermarket anthracite wheels available? Just a thought....

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Mike, have the 17s affected your car in anyway good or bad, like the handling and acceleration?

Looking good though mate

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 24 November 2003

Mike, have the 17s affected your car in anyway good or bad, like the handling and acceleration?

Looking good though mate
The ride is certainly firmer owing to the lower profile tyres - I quite like it though - makes the car feel taut. Cant say Ive noticed any difference in performance. The tyres (Falken) are different to the Contisports though - they seem to have more lateral grip but less traction. I have a trackday on Thursday this week so well see.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 24 November 2003

I take it they still have pretty much the same rolling radius then?
Rolling radius is increased by about 7mm with 205/40/17 tyres. I.E about the same as the difference between new tyres and old.

I agree those wheels look pants!

You could definetly get better aftermarket alloys after you have bought the car and probably even save you money seeing as renault charge alot for alloy upgrades!!!!!

They wanted like 700 for 15" cup alloys or somet. I couldve got 17" OZ Super legs for that!

I like the exhausts, but the wheels are absolutely horrible.

And has nobody else noticed the worst of the changes?????.......The grey background inside the headlights? WTF??