ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ordering my PC, what else do i want

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Getting a PC (with the transformer, plug etc) for christmas but need to buy the actually materials myself.

now i dont mind spending £150+ if needed on car cleaning stuff, if thats whats needed. been having a look on car wash n wax but not completely set on what i want/need.

could someone put together a list of everything i want, and whats best inc pads, washmitt, drying towels, shampoo, polish, wax, clay, trim detailer etc the lot!

cheers in advance
Martin

Clio 172 Mk2
just a few ideas of things from me

pads: i like the sonus ones, orange for removing defects, green for polishing and blue for applying wax

towels: i have always used the meguiars microfibre towels. I love the size of these and i really like the quality

heavy swirl mark removal: for pretty bad swirl marks i recommend poorboys 2.5 or meguiars dual action cleanser polisher which is number 83 from their professional range

general polish: for my general polish i use meguiars speed glaze which is number 80 from the pro range. This removes minor swirl marks and leaves a lovely finish to apply your wax. You should use this after 83 as well if you've had to use this.

wax: for wax i love poorboys nattys blue or for the winter collinite 845 which ive just started using and is great

tyres: meguiars endurance gel (this is ace)

quick detailer: cleakotes quik shine!!

Clio 172 Mk2
forgot to add!!

shampoo: definately meguiars gold class

outside trim detailer: have always liked autoglyms bumper care!!

inside detailer: autoglyms vinyl and rubber care (this is brilliant stuff)

106 GTi
4 inch Spot pad set is a must for the Clio.

In the full sized and spot pads it is always good to have more than one pad ie 2 full sized cutting pads, 2 polishing pads, 2 finishing pads and the same in the spot pads.

If ordering from Autopia there are two different pad kits - Sonus SFX and Sonus DAS, the SFX are slightly more aggressive and firmer the DAS ones softer and larger.

Some manufacturers do a softer finishing pad (sometimes black or red which is also worth getting if you plan to machine apply waxes and sealants.

Most importantly a range of polishes.

For me the Poorboys Swirl Remover SSR range - SSR 2.5, 2 and 1 is the easyist to get going with as a beginner in ease of use and results.

The best polishes I have found but slighty more of a learning curve is the Menzerna Range - Intensive Polish and the two Final Finishes.

If you have heavier defects you may need a heavier cut still but use with caution IMO, see how one of the above go first.

Last edited:
  106 GTi
towels: i have always used the meguiars microfibre towels. I love the size of these and i really like the quality

The Megs ones are a lot of money for what they are IMO. Much better quality towels out there for less money and better quality.

Look into the Poorboys DMT's, Sonus and the Micropak ranges.

forgot to add!!

shampoo: definately meguiars gold class

inside detailer: autoglyms vinyl and rubber care (this is brilliant stuff)

Again there are alternative that produce a better finish than the Gold Class and for less money.

Sonax Gloss shampoo is a good option as is the CG wash'n'wax. The Einzett shampoos are also both very good.

Unless watered down AG Vinyl and Rubber looks too glossy in interiors, and leaves a slightly greasy finish. If you want a factory finish look at the likes of Poorboys Natural Look.

106 GTi
could someone put together a list of everything i want, and whats best inc pads, washmitt, drying towels, shampoo, polish, wax, clay, trim detailer etc the lot!

Washmitt - Eurow Lambswool
Pads - Sonys SFX Spot Pad x 2 and Sonus SFX pad kit x 2
Drying Towels - Sonus Der Wunder towel or Micropak Ultra Soft Drying Towel
Shampoo - Sonax Gloss Shampoo
Polish - Abrassive: Menzerna Intensive Polish | Finishing/Mild: Menzerna Final Finish
Paint Cleaner - Klasse All in One
Sealant - Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic Trigger
Wax - Black car - Pinnacle Souveran | All round colours - P21s | Winter - Meguiars #16
Clay- Meguiars Quick Clay or Sonus
Trim - Outside Textured - AG Bumper Care | Outside Smooth - 1Z Vinyl and Rubber | Interior - Poorboys Naturual look
Tyres - Poorboys Bold and Bright
Wheels - Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss Protection
Wheel arches and Engine bays - Meguiars All purpose cleaner, dress with Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care
Glass - Autoglym Glass Polish

Clio 172 Mk2
rich have you used duragloss's aquawax yet mate, if so what are your thoughts? what do you reckon to the klasse range as well, well thing ive never got round to testing

Clio 172 Mk2
No have been wanting to get hold of the aquawax but everywhere seems to be out of stock over here. Dam you for recommending the jeff's stuff, that'll be more money i'll be spending this month haha :D . I'm still needing to get some pics up of my 172 cup with a few layers of collinite, see what you think! Wanna try an acrylic sealant though as well, see how much the finish differs