ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordering with student discount

182 Cup
Say I was buying an iMac from the online store, and know a willing student, how do you go about getting a discount, and what does said discount amount to??

Depends on level of education and product, either go in with them, or use a uni computer and it'll work that way.

DB.

BMW 440i
You can phone them as well i think. Not sure on that though. Explains it on the site

I did mine in the shop, just needed to take my Ucas letter. :)

182 Cup
So you can ring and say you're buying on behalf of someone and give their details? Does it then get registered in the students name?

DB.

BMW 440i
You cant phone on behalf of someone. You would have to be them.

Im not sure if you can do it via phone, but im sure when i looked at doing it it was an option. Try phoning them tomorrow and ask them how you can purchase as you are a student etc.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I just went on there store online and typed in what collage i was from and some of my details but nothing confirming i was actually at that collage and it brought up the education discount store

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
You have to be on campus to see the educational discounts;)

Or have an .ac.uk email;)

57 Clio Campus Sport
Need person to order from uni computer to get max discount, if they find out it wasn't bought for educational use they will charge you the difference

DMS

A thirsty 172
BUMP.

Out of interest, do you still get a student discount if you have a .sch.uk email address? Setting myself a .ac.uk email address up is no biggie, but I'd get a bigger discount as a student than I would by buying a new MBP through my employer.
All our "local" schools seem to have .sch.uk addresses.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
It's 15% discount for Uni students. Got mine the other day.

yeah i got 15% off my MBP 15" but i also got Applecare for £58 (£221 off) ffs!

or you could just google, apple HE link ....

if you do this and ACTUALLY find a working link then you can change the 3 numbers at the end of the url to find a specific college or uni. they're in alphabetical order btw so therefore a uni whose name begins with a 'W' for instance would have a higher numerical value than somewhere beginning with 'A'.

ps i have the Salford Uni link saved but its not much use without a student ID or .ac.uk email account! ;)

DB.

BMW 440i
Or people could surely order through a business and wouldnt then pay VAT? or have i got that wrong?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
depends where you are studying. use your college/uni network and go onto the apple store. theres a link to the education store at the bottom somewhere. colleges have a slightly lower discount than universities

Dynamique
logged in on the uni network gives just under 12% off as far as i can tell - 27% inch iMac is £1,634.00 normal versus £1,438.20 HE store