ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Original xbox modding help required

mk2 172
I know there were a few people on here that used to tinker with them and i was wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to how i could get out the the pickle im in.

i used our version 1.6 xbox for a long time as a DVD player for my daughter then just the other day cottoned onto the soft modding and wanted to use it as a media centre. i soft modded it with unleash x as the dash, job was a good un. i then used AID to add some utils and wanted to replace unleash x with XBMC as the dash. for some reason i formatted the drive that contains the dash in this process and have lost my dashboard as it crashed as it was installing the new stuff. so my xbox just shows fault code 13.

i want to install the original MS dash without hotswapping and taking it apart.
FTP wont seem to work, i cant use the mem card to install linux as it wont recognize a mem card. so all i can think of is some kind of file explorer with the xbox plugged into my router. it still gets an ip address but not being to great with computers i dont know if i can access the drive to copy and paste the dash.

i should point out that it still plays games if you turn it on with them in.

any suggestions?

cheers

LY 182
i use to do it years ago to get ftp to work you want to download a disc called evox its like a dashboard that runs off a disc with an ftp client

i use to do it years ago to get ftp to work you want to download a disc called evox its like a dashboard that runs off a disc with an ftp client

But how does he get evox on the xbox if it hasn't even got M$ dashboard ?. I use touse evox and FTP to upload games to xbox :)

LY 182
But how does he get evox on the xbox if it hasn't even got M$ dashboard ?. I use touse evox and FTP to upload games to xbox :)
he said it loads games up fine?
if its been flashed to play copys then it should load it up

he said it loads games up fine?
if its been flashed to play copys then it should load it up
I havn't modded an xbox for years. so i'm just going shut up as i can't remember any of it :)

Saying that I remember something called Slayerz EvoX Auto-Installer so you can install it right off the CD.

Trophy #267
slayers 2.7 and format - reinstall will sort it. hope you didnt have any hard earnt save files on there.....

mk2 172
cheers fella's, i should point out that there is no modified chip installed and the soft mod does not seem to be working. it only boots up games not iso files of installers burned to disc. will the slayers stil work before i download it?, or should i say, is it still worth me giving it ago in light of there being no chip?

Trophy #267
if it was softmodded your goosed then. need to install a mod for it to boot properly as the drive is now empty of normal files and softmod ones