ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OSF Wheell bearing changed....Still getting a humming noise every now and then!

Monaco 172
I changed my OSF wheel bearing at the beginning of december as it had play and was noisy. Whats annoying me is that Im still getting a humming noise every now and then from the same wheel, find it happens when going round right hand bends at low-ish speeds. At 70 on dual carriage ways I cant hear a thing. Its weird. Doesnt seem to be any play in the wheels. Really cant figure it out. My mate keeps asking if I fitted the bearing the 'right way round', but its a straight bearing and both sides look exactly the same. Can you actually fit them wrong? Its a mystery. Have searched the forum time and time again and haven't had any light shed :(

JMR

RB 182 Cup
If you have a noise when turning right, then its the left hand (NSF) bearing that is worn. Not the OSF.

Unless it was mainly noisy when turning left before and youve changed the OSF which has cured that problem, just happens that now you might need the NSF.

Monaco 172
Sorry I got it wrong, its the NSF Ive changed and still getting a noise from the NSF wheel. My bad lol

renaultsport clio172
if its nearside front could be the bearing on the inner c.v boot or the tyre tread has worn uneven(bumpy)- watch the tread and spin the wheel.