ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OUCH!

Weeman sucks ****

Finally got round to declaring my H&Rs and pro speed exhaust...£244 extra on my policy!

The guy even said changing the colour of my wheels would affect it to. Is there an insurer that you guys use specific for Renault or hot hatches?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Who was that with firstly??

it varies who people use on the forum.... whoever gets th ebest deal i assume.

Greenlight are very good with mods as so are Tesco and CIS

Weeman sucks ****

Im with directline who have bee very good up until my last renewal when my premium went up.

Greenlight, thats who Ive heard about before, any contact details?

172, Tiguan

I was looking forward to seeing what Greenlight would quote me this year, but they were £189 more expensive than Tesco.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 14 March 2005

I was looking forward to seeing what Greenlight would quote me this year, but they were £189 more expensive than Tesco.
Yup im just waiting for my renewal with Tesco to turn up and then see wot others can offer.

I think i maybe staying with Tesco as they have been superb on mods and customer service.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Try Privilege, they were ok with mods when I had my XR2i. Think I paid an extra £50 quid a year for suspension, wheels, K&N and Magnex.

Weeman sucks ****

My policy runs out on the 30th of december so might see what i can sort out as soon as.

ive just sorted all my breakdown cover (£26.90 with the AA) and european cover, the euro cover being free which isnt bad.

I was with direct line.

I phoned them to tell them that i had 17s on my valver, they said they would only insure me if they were a maximum of 2 inch bigger than the originals!

According to their records a 16v clio had 14inch wheels as standard.

I told them i could send them a letter from renault to confirm that they actually came with 15;s as standard, they wouldnt budge.

As i had full no claims and had only just taken the policy out i was in a position to tell them to stick it.

I even got some money refunded because i complained.

elephant have suprised me, wouldt have expected a sensible quote (cheapest in fact) for a 17yr old, with lots of mods, who wants to pay monthly, plus u can get a quote online with your mods instantly

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 14 March 2005

Im with directline who have bee very good up until my last renewal when my premium went up.

Greenlight, thats who Ive heard about before, any contact details?
go with norwich union. ive never had such an easy enrolement phone call. my payment went from £100 per month to £50 per month !!!! direct line hate mods and they hate you if you live in a so called bad area. dump them, even the guy at direct line advised me to go elseware with the sort of motor i have