ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oulton Park 17/2/12 : The Clios..

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
First time doing photography like this, and not with the best ever camera but they didn't come out too bad. Some of the quality has been killed by my uploader though. I have High res of all these and more for anyone who is interested aswell...

oultonpark17212004.jpg

oultonpark17212069.jpg

oultonpark17212116.jpg

oultonpark17212114.jpg

oultonpark17212104.jpg

oultonpark17212102.jpg

oultonpark17212086.jpg

oultonpark17212078.jpg

oultonpark17212068.jpg

oultonpark17212005.jpg

oultonpark17212123.jpg

oultonpark17212015.jpg

oultonpark17212067.jpg

oultonpark17212127.jpg

oultonpark17212013.jpg

oultonpark17212091.jpg

oultonpark17212129.jpg

And some other cars, but still forum members..

oultonpark17212096.jpg

oultonpark17212001.jpg

oultonpark17212023.jpg

:(

oultonpark17212061.jpg

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Damage doesnt look too bad on the E30? Could be fixed?

How much of a decent camera do you need to take pictures like this?

I've got a nikon coolpix bridge camera just to get me started. Came out ok!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have a proper good look through tomorrow, goosed now! Got all the way home only to realise I still had Dale's van keys so had to drive all the way back!

I love that BG on the red F1s, properly mint.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Silver ph1 looks mint, ride height is just right.

What happened to Jord? :( he put so much effort into building the b*****d, I hope he'll be fixing it!

JOORRD!! Noooooo! Saw it on FB :(

Good pics there mate! :)

Damage doesnt look too bad on the E30? Could be fixed?

How much of a decent camera do you need to take pictures like this?

Lovely pictures

Was devastated for foxy when it came back in after smash

Lol glad my 106 made it in " cleaning is for benders"

Silver ph1 looks mint, ride height is just right.

What happened to Jord? :( he put so much effort into building the b*****d, I hope he'll be fixing it!

Poor bmw :( owner must be gutted.

Some sweet shots in there.

Nice pics from the OP!

Yeah im not too happy but its only metal and life goes on. Lost the back end as it came on boost in 3rd up Clay Hill and it threw me into the wall in a split second, just bad luck I guess. I've got to strip it down sometime to see what the fix is likely to be, but from a quick look earlier the chassis leg is bent/twisted from the strut forward, intercooler/radiator/slam panel have moved approx 2inches back etc, not going to be a quick fix!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Shame mate happens to the best drivers out there so don't be to hard on yourself :(

Damage sounds quite bad it'll all come out in the wash eventually.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Did anyone get any photos of my 172? Had a great afternoon. The grip was really good after lunch. I was taking corners at much higher speeds than I've done before. The left before shell I was taking in 4th with just a dab on the brakes at the top of the lakeside straight. Also the engine felt like it was giving a couple of extra BHP with the Scorpion cat back stainless exhaust. It was accelerating much better than it had been previous times on track. I'm using Toyo R1-R's and they are brilliant on wet and dry track. I've done 3 trackdays on them now as well as road use and they aren't showing any signs of wear or scrubbing at all. Much better than T1-R's which grip well but being a soft compound don't last very long.
I'm looking at other tracks to do now for a change to Oulton Park. Maybe one of the airfield based ones.

Chocolate Orange 172
Nice pictures, come out really well

Love the old school Clio with the 2.0 engine in it, bet that flies!

Clio 172
I have to say the instructor session was worth its weight in gold. Drove a solid 45 minute session in the afternoon correct lines, no brake fade (blue stuff pads are awsome) and all I need now is some track tyres and the arb when it arrives.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Love one, bit too much for me though. Will be sticking a for sale add up in the next couple of days. Will be a bit gutted to see it go tbh

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just fancy a change mate tbh. Wether it was due to the fact i had a ghey cold and felt crap, i just wasnt as enthusiastic as normal. Take the wheels not fitting for instance, any other day that would have p***ed me off, but i wasnt that bothered. If someone had said to me an hour after i got there, 'sorry guys its been cancelled' i would have gone, 'mm okay then'

Clio 172
Go back to bed, get well and then re evaluate the situation. If the car doesn't want for anything how do you know you wont end up buying a car thats a dog.