ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Out dragged a pug!

Megane 225 Cup
My mate bought a new peugeot 206 1.4i a couple of weeks..

we went for a drag down the local bit of empty carriage way today..

I absolutely thrashed him 3 times in a row.. :D

he is finally beginning to realise that clios are hot stuff... I made him admit it

I know this is a bit random but hey thought it was worth saying..

Well chuffed here... hes never gonna hear the end of this :)

Megane 225 Cup
no his is a 16v 1.4i and mine is a 16v 1.4

The same engine basically.. thats why i am surprised at the difference

That's like saying any 2 litre engine is about 140 bhp. Trouble is there are Honda engines that are NA doing 235 bhp and the masses doing 140 approx.???

It's the ol' childs play.

You may as well compare a mountian bike to a racer and compare top speeds.

Most of it as these daft powers and weights is pure luck.

Blaze

Golf GTI 1.8T
I beat one a few weeks ago. Was very early morning on the way to london to meet for santa pod. Were proper lined up on a mile or so stretch, was hard work though but the clio just pulled a tiny bit more on the end in each gear which I was chuffed with :) not sure whether it was 8v or 16v though.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Oh and one other thing, if you ever get to go in a 1.4 206. listen to the gearbox sound as you change gear ahhhhh its so annoying I swear!!

Every change it makes these 3 cluncks, but really quiet loud.
My mate had one for a courtesy car and I could handle it dunno how people drive the things!, my gearbox is completely silent, cant hear one thing when I change.

Megane 225 Cup
i noticed that as well.. i told him to get it checked out.. must be a peugeot thing.

Most of it as these daft powers and weights is pure luck

Yeah i think u must be rihgt.. according to the stats our cars are exactly the same.. but it didnt look that way.. i mean im not the worlds most practised driver for drags.. but it was quite one sided....

Megane 225 Cup
oh lala.. cool. although like blaze says its not an exact science.. nice to know renault can do better with the same engine (ltr) though :D

OLI

205 gti-6
thats good news!
ive gotta a 1.2 clio at the mo and my mate keeps beatin me in his 1.2 punto.
in a week i'm gettin a 1.4 16v clio though and hes soon gettin a 206 quicksilver so it seems ill b gettin my own back.

Quite amazingly I beat a 1.4 Pug and Polo in my old 1.2 Dynamique... the only performance mod being a pico backbox.

I recon it's due to Renault's tuning.

RB 200 Cup!
i had a really modded up peugeot come roaring up next to me at some traffic lights near the A47 in Norfolk (massive bodykit side exhaust big enough fo my head etc etc) - i fort s**t ive only got a 1.6 16v with no engine mods then as we both pulled away i kept pulling and he was struggling to keep up - saw car later in a macdonalds car aprk and then saw it was only a 1.1 - lol!! amazd it could pull at all with all that s**t stuck on it - Clios Rule!!

Megane 225 Cup
I recon it's due to Renault's tuning.
I reckon so.. although its down to driver quite a lot as well..

But then in a straight line it shouldnt be too diffeicult to tell...

ive gotta a 1.2 clio at the mo and my mate keeps beatin me in his 1.2 punto.
in a week i'm gettin a 1.4 16v clio though and hes soon gettin a 206 quicksilver so it seems ill b gettin my own back.

If its the same as mine and my mates you shouldnt have a problem, it was pretty much one sided.

Megane 225 Cup
if your gonna start doing things like.. ud better make sure u shed some pounds... even if you weigh 8 stone or somehting

Every little helps.. :D

1996 Renault Clio Hybrid
Before my 1.8 16v clio i had a 1.1 206, and the 206 wasnt too bad, i just really had to rag the f**king tits off it all the time, i had to redline every gear to keep up with anyone.

Now I have my valver no fucker will even race me if they know what car it is, lol. Only people to give it so far are people in BMW 3 series, about 3 have pulled up along side me since ive had it and thats it.

172 Cup
While we re here bashing engines vs engines. 106 gti 1.6 16v vs clio 1.6 16v. The 106 will KILL IT. OMG PUG ROX AT TUNING ETC ETC

Different cars :)

al

ST on the way...
Nafeun said:
While we re here bashing engines vs engines. 106 gti 1.6 16v vs clio 1.6 16v. The 106 will KILL IT. OMG PUG ROX AT TUNING ETC ETC

At least you wouldn't look like a hairdresser in the clio! ;)

133/225/CLS AMG
I recall my mums X reg Clio 1.4 Alize and actually remember that being pretty nippy, quite responsive from what I recall!

Must be satisfying beating your mate if he's been giving it all the large about his new car! lol

1996 Renault Clio Hybrid
Nafeun said:

How about against my 1.8 16v? the day i loose il eat my hat.

RB 200 Cup!
Nafeun said:

Yes but the pug is a GTI so is way more power to start with so not really a fair comparison

Megane 225 Cup
Originally Posted by Nafeun

Thats not really a fair comparison. I mean the 1. clio isnt a sports model so it isnto going to have all the mods etc...

But pit a 172 against a gti6.. now thats an entirely different matter me thinks.

Megane 225 Cup
Im finding that buying one isnt the huge problem. Its insurug the damn thing.. im only 18 with 1 years NC's after all.. such an expense