ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Out with the Mk3, In with the Mk4

LY 200 EDC LUX
Took this pic just as I picked her up. Currently in the process of detailing it. I'm still yet to see another on the road. Absolutely love it! A lot of hate and love for these in equal measures. Far superior to my mk3 200. I'd recommend one to anyone!

imagejpg1_zpsbea06d09.jpg

Megane r26
When you see them in person I personally think they look much better, especially in that colour.

I must say I wasn't a fan when they were first released but they've really won me round.

RB 182 FF
I think they'd have better praise if they didn't name it a Clio! It has 4 doors and is too big to be a Clio, I like the car a lot by the way but I don't see it as a Clio.. Clio sports should be small, light cars with 2 doors...

Transit & Death trap
The colour combo is great and having seen them up close now, they're really nice.... Just can't help feeling they're too grown up, if that makes sense? Compared to the 172/182 that is.
Lovely car though.

LY 200 EDC LUX
I agree with the looks. They look far better in the flesh than in photos. I think they have a good road presence aswell, including the lower spec models.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
people keep saying they are to big and heavy? I thought it was the same size but lighter than the mk3???

i love our mk4 dci90 would like to try one of these my only problem is the quite honestly unacceptable sound quality from the stereo!!!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I think they'd have better praise if they didn't name it a Clio! It has 4 doors and is too big to be a Clio, I like the car a lot by the way but I don't see it as a Clio.. Clio sports should be small, light cars with 2 doors...

I think they shouldn't be called clios because they're small capacity turbo, and they don't have swollen arches. It goes against the whole hot clio recipe.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Clearly you haven't driven one

I have, but only on track. I would imagine these are nice and easy to live with on the road, but compared to a 172 and mk3 200, this wasnt great on track. But thats not the idea of a car for most people!

Enjoy fella. Im yet to see one on the road too, bit more exclusive club than mine haha

Civic FN2 Track Car
Looks lovely that, been looking at these ever since i drove one round brands hatch in may. Hopefully going to buy one next year :up:

LY 200 EDC LUX
Seems to be a 'Marmite' car!

Clearly I'm going to be biased, although I did own a mk3 before this so my opinion does have backing!

Civic FN2 Track Car
What did you think of it out of interest?

Epic, I drove the meg 265 cup as well whilst i was there. It was a Renault Sport track day so they supplied a couple of megane's and a couple of clio's and let us all take them out in 20 min sessions with an MSV instructor, needless to say i was driving very quick and they were still telling me to push harder.

I don't know if the clio was actually quicker but it felt much quicker, was a lot more fun to drive, it handled really well and the gearbox actually works on track. I was in the same boat as most people and turned my nose up at it when i first saw it and though what have renault done, they ruined the clio. I like you have owned a mk3 (197 cup) and now have a 172 sport. Even on the day i wasn't bothered about driving the clio i just wanted to drive the Megane until the engine on my clio let go and the organisers said did i want to take the clio out. I'm bloody glad they did and since then i fell in love with the car just can't wait to own one now.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Took this pic just as I picked her up. Currently in the process of detailing it. I'm still yet to see another on the road. Absolutely love it! A lot of hate and love for these in equal measures. Far superior to my mk3 200. I'd recommend one to anyone!
Another joins the ever increasing fold of the 200 EDC :up:

LY 200 EDC LUX
Another joins the ever increasing fold of the 200 EDC :up:

I think its a good step up from a mk3 200 and equally a good step into fast renaults if you're new to them. The only criticism I have so far is that the speakers are a bit pants, but for me personally, as long as I can get LBC on the radio, I'm a happy chappy.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70

It's a bit like a baby Megane really.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I think its a good step up from a mk3 200 and equally a good step into fast renaults if you're new to them. The only criticism I have so far is that the speakers are a bit pants, but for me personally, as long as I can get LBC on the radio, I'm a happy chappy.
Check the audio settings when I first got mine the bass boost and arkym system were switched off. You can also mess about with speaker settings in there as well

Clio 182
Hate what they've done to the Clio. The mk3 is too big, the mk4 is a joke. How is that a Clio? I hope they bring out something smaller in the future...

MINI-R32-integrale
Great looking car. I've seen a good number of these now on my travels to and from work. This is only the 3rd I've seen in yellow and looks excellent.

LY 200 EDC LUX
Yes! The Clio was all about power to weight. Look how big your mk3 is lol!! They still try and call them hot hatches ahahahaha!

It still is though. My clio is heavier than yours, but the extra power / torque means its faster. We aren't in the 90's anymore and manufacturers have to meet ever stricter safety regulations, which usually means making cars heavier. I'm afraid gone are the days of a tin can on wheels with a big ol' lump under the bonnet. Its going towards bigger cars with smaller, forced induction engines using diffs etc to get the power down.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Its not just about power anyway, Chassis development has came on tenfold, Along with brakes and everything else that goes with a "performance" car