ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

overall how do you rate your Clio

overall how do you rate your Clio in terms of driving enjoyment. Hows your car in terms of build quality? will anyone here buy a reno nxt time round.. which one? :)

happy with mine even though its like 11 years old!

build quality is ok. It rattles a bit but thats why we have a radio ;)

Might go for a valver at the end of the year - still undecided on that one :confused:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ive got a M plate valver which performance wise is great for a 19 year old! But ive gone from a german newer car to a french older car so it doesnt get my vote for build quality as german cars are great for that! But you cannot beat a valver/willy on looks!

As for would i buy another..........yeah! Williams all the way!

ive had the MKII for six months now and apart from having more rattles than a toy factory ((which oddly come and go?)) everything is fine.. now much better with the free contis from renault rides smoother. Quite impressed with the engineering for the price and i still get plenty of stares around town ((only when its clean)). :) .. if this keeps up il get one again maybe megane though?

Its one little problem one after the other..annoying, but ive learnt to live with it. Handles and goes well for what it is. Looks good too.. 8/10

-Rob

172, Tiguan

7/10

Its OK.

I have a love hate relationship with it. Love it one day, hate it the next...

Meg on pistonheads £6995

Luv it!

72mpg (as in 750 miles on a tankfull) and enough in-gear oooomph to surprise a standard New Shape Mini Cooper - did it this morning after he overtook me and then I zipped by between roundabouts!

APART from the bloody creaking sunroof - a definite DELETE option if it had been available (I paid for AirCon so dont need it!)

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 16 February 2004

7/10

Its OK.

I have a love hate relationship with it. Love it one day, hate it the next...
Same for me, it frustrates as much as it excites.

Nippy white cup

I love mine. Smile everytime I drive it and have learnt to ignore the little niggles that come with most new cars.

Chris

Ive got an 03 Cup, and really enjoy it. Its been a superb little car, does everything its supposed to, and the only issue Ive had in 8k miles is a clip on the windscreen wiper needing tightening.

Id buy another Renault if they brought out anything that appealed more than the Cup, I do like the V6, but too costly for me.

9/10 for handling until tommorow when i get my prolineeibach springs put on then hopefully 10/10 :cool:. 8/10 for build so far..

E36 323i coupe

I love my car 150% enjoyment! Sundays Humberside meet was amazing. It handles so well, and there is so much involvement - you cant let the car drive itself, like, cos if you blink at 100mph on a country lane in the Cup, youll end up in the hedge!

I would buy another - but I think I might keep this one for as long as possible first.

Renault dicked my around with broken promises and silly little cost issues, with my 1.2 Dynamique... but I bought another one, then, didnt I?!

VaVa

I fell out of love with my Clio during the bad weather spell. It banged and shook every time I put my foot down when pulling off, and there seemed to be more rattles than normal on those cold mornings. It refused to grip in first gear at any price. Then somebody scuffed my bumper in a car park ( which has since been repaired and resprayed, but will be going elsewhere to be resprayed properly - paint on foglight surround, light cover,wing, wheel and tyre)...

However, I cleaned her yesterday top to bottom. And took her for a drive in the sunshine this afternoon through some tasty A-roads. And the love affair is back on. For now!......

im on my second Ren, first was a 1.4 Energy 19. I loved that car, the Cup is fun and quick but i dont love it anymore.

As for getting another Renault, I think its time for a change next time.

8/10 overall

fun to drive and reliable compared to the nova i had but the brakes dont exactley fill me with confidence and the 1.4 energy will hardley set the world on fire, keep eyeing up R5s in scrappers, maby a turbo engine...............

Love it to bits. But same as a few other members its costlier than the Queen to maintain!!

Every time i get enough £s to get an ecotek or the like something else goes wrong (currently need replacement coolant hoses and expansion tank, new top mount, clutch is on the way out too!!) But hey its nearly ten years old, sh*t happens.

Lots of creaks and rattles, every garage u take it to jumps for joy cos they charge u the earth in labour costs.

But destroying some gary racer up to 70mph off the lights more than makes up for it!!!

My Clio172 was absolutely fantastic to drive and easily the best fun on 4 wheels Ive had. Not the fastest, but fast enough and with the Eibachs brilliant in the twisties. Equipment levels are excellent and has everything you need as standard. I had no problems with reliability and only had the center section of the exhaust replaced. Also interior rattles were few. My only regret is selling it for something bigger out of necessity. I would buy another 172 if I had the money.

When I first bought it I thought it was everything I expected just a bit faster than I thought it would be.

After a year its grown on me to an extent that I really dont think I can part with it.

I need the money for a bigger house or Uni if I go but I cannot part with my car. Having owned 10 cars and driven lots of decent expensive ones (M3,Scoob,RX7,Westfields) im yet to find something than makes me feel so good - better still its for so little money and also an everyday car that idiots dont seem to feel attracted too.

Would give it 10/10 for everything except quality of parts used for the interior - only 6/10 for the cheap brittle plastic bits.

Mazda MX5 1.8

loved my old 1.2 8v mk1 clio......... lots more character than my current 1.6 new clio........ there just isnt that spark about the new ones in my opinion!

old 1 - 9/10 (just cos it was slow)

new 1 - 6/10 (so ordinary and sloppy)

5/10 for driving enjoyment. I want stearing feedback whoever invented electric power stearing should be shot

Build quality well its not German build quality but its not bad If Id payed the extra for a German/ Japenese car then Id have wasted my money so 8/10.

id buy a Renault next time I think not work paying for quality when you have a 3yr warently. There a new v6 I saw at work today which looks stunning almost fake Renault selling a car which stand out like that so that what Id like but a 172 is more reasonable. Unfortunatly its looking like unless I can get a 172 for almost straight swop with my car then Ill leave if for two years.

EDD

BMW X5, Exige 260.

My Cup just gets better and better with the miles, the engine really needs some mileage to loosen up. No reliability or build issues at all.

The car confirms my opinion that the hot hatch genre is the simply the best of all car types.

i recently changd the contis for yokie A539s all round and find these improve the handling fun in the dry with beautifully progressive breakaway making slides thru corners easier and addictive. id reccommend em.

Quote: Originally posted by paul1178 on 16 February 2004

I love everything about my valver, the looks especially. I just wish it hadnt cost me so much money to maintain.!
i agree with that !

they look soo nice, but mines just cost me almost £700 !! in one hit, (it had a new clutch, service, front brakes & will be getting some tyres next week!)

but then again its the price you pay for owning a decent hot hatch

there isnt any thing i would change about it, its standard, but may be it could be a bit quicker ;)

7/10

my little 93 valver has so much to offer, great modding potential, good fun to drive! I think as for build quality i think they havnt thought to well on design. *Now dont get me wrong its a great engine and rapid*

But they have crammed this 1.8 engine into the tinyist space no room to move when things go wrong! Also everything is hidden, clutch, starter motor. You have to take out one thing to get to another. *Its a mission* And if your not too good with cars it cost you alot because of this

Other than that i love it and i think i will get a williams in the near future as she looks beautiful.

Quote: Originally posted by zoog on 16 February 2004

i recently changd the contis for yokie A539s all round and find these improve the handling fun in the dry with beautifully progressive breakaway making slides thru corners easier and addictive. id reccommend em.
I changed to Yoko A539s when I had my 172 and the dry grip was excellent, however, in the wet, they werent so good and not as progressive as the original contis though.

========================================================

My Clio172 was absolutely fantastic to drive and easily the best fun on 4 wheels Ive had. Not the fastest, but fast enough and with the Eibachs brilliant in the twisties. Equipment levels are excellent and has everything you need as standard. I had no problems with reliability and only had the center section of the exhaust replaced. Also interior rattles were few. My only regret is selling it for something bigger out of necessity. I would buy another 172 if I had the money.

========================================================

Agree with JonC..

Now ive got the eibachs on its amazing.. ive had no reliablity probs but i too will have to sell up for something bigger soon (1.5yrs) probably megane RS ;)