ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overclocked, but is it running too hot??

2014 Focus Titanium
Thats the probelem then mate, my temps rise about 12 degrees when i have smartfan on!

with smartfan off my core temps are 49,54,49,54 @ 3.3ghz after 4 hours of prime 95 :)

mk2 ph1
Will only improve the life span of your chip mate, so keep it at 100%

If your leaving it overnight and its too loud you can always turn it down.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Right think i've sorted it/improved it anyway

Idling temperature between 45-48.
Load 60

Overclocked to 3.03ghz stable on prime.

5.9 vista index score :)

Ph1 172
I would say those temps are spot on now!

IMO 70 is acceptible, but definatly no higher, and if you running 70, then the weather heats up enough, that will rise quick, etc.

the colder the better, (within reason of course lol )

2014 Focus Titanium
I'm at 426x8 (3.4ghz) and the core temps don't go above 60 after 4 hours of prime95 :D they idle at around 34.

Tehehe!

Just need to find a way to overclock this RAM now :/

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
you must have a better cooling system than me i rekon. iwent to 3.4 and it ran at like 60 degrees idle so think it's just the combination of a lot of my hardware , location, room temp etc. 3ghz is nice and quick anyway, runs crysis on high nicely. Couldn't be happier with it at the moment.

2014 Focus Titanium
Yeah 3ghz isn't too shabby at all mate! My PC is well cooled with 1 silent fant at the front blowing in, 1 at the top blowing out, 2 at the back blowing out and one at the side blowing in feeding my CPU fan and cooling my RAM.

My CPU cooler is a good one which blows sideways (directly at the 2 back fans) so heat can escape quickly. Not only that but all my cables inside my case are fully wire-tied up and out of the way so no airflow is disrupted :D