ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overclockers

I quite like waiting for it to load actually. It reminds me of the old Cliosport. Old school FTW :eek:

What are you buying Griff?

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
It was down for most of yesterday, they had been having some server probs I think.

Rumour has it that there sites are being attacked. Quite a few people are suggesting it might be something to do with a member of staff leaving but there is no proof (from what has been posted) that this is correct.

It is rather annoying though as I want to read the Motors/For Sale forum :(

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Their purchasing manager Andy 'Gibbo' left on rather bad terms recently, but wouldn't have thought he'd bother with anything like that. He works for another big shop now, forget which.

Mitsubishi Colt
Hoping to catch an Antec 1200 going cheap.

Not a bad idea, given the prices new.... paid 130 before Christmas for one and they're now about 160ish in most places! Still, it's a damn fine case.

Rumblings on OCUK forums about some foreign hackery/DenialOfService attacks I think, but I've not checked since earlier Thursday evening for updates.

172 Cup
Over the last 10 days OcUK servers have been subject to sustained DDoS attacks that have disrupted our on-line store and forums servers. Instigating these kind of attacks is a serious criminal offence and whilst we have strong suspicions who is behind them we need more evidence.

I am offering £10,000 to anyone who can provide evidence that leads to a conviction. You can provide this information anonymously via jobs@overclockers.co.uk but the evidence must be something that SOCA (Serious Organised Crime Agency) can use.

I'd like to apologise to all our customers and forum members for any inconvenience caused. I cannot discuss what action is being taken to protect OcUK from these attacks but I assure you wheels are in motion.

In the meantime, think about what £10K could do for you right now.

^

£10k is small fry for most large businesses though geez. TBH they've probably lost more in reduced sales through these 'attacks' :(

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd imagine OC is probably leading the custom PC industry in the UK at the moment and, as it seems that it's more popular now than ever (perhaps a little less so with the recession), they can't be doing bad.

You'd have thought a company and forum FULL of PC geeks could fix it, though (joke) ;)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, me too :(

To be fair though, I've specced up a system and looked at prices at various online stores and can get it elsewhere for £50-odd less (8% or so).