ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overheating and leak!?

54 Clio 182 2.0
So my 182 has about 68k on the clock and it had its timing belt and aux done down at Birchdown on around 50k, and recently i've noticed a leak i think its a red-ish orangey colour. This is along with the Temp gauge going up to the top after 4-5 miles! Im a bit of a noob with mechanics as you may be able to tell so leyman terms would be appreciated! :eek:

54 Clio 182 2.0
I checked and no then i tried unscrewing the lid to have a look and loads bubbled up and steam shot out so there must be some in there? do i need coolant?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yes if there is nothing there (should be something between the min and max lines in there). Let it cool down and see if it settles first. Whereabouts is it leaking?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
slightly infront and to the left of the nearside front tyre :S

Just to clarify... bumper side of the front tyre?

Take it your washer fluid isnt red? Was the coolant coming up in the bottle red?

If it is coolant the only thing I can think of is radiator/bottom hose. I'll let someone with some more knowledge come in though!

54 Clio 182 2.0
To clarify if you put your head directly under the bumper it would be to your right in lign with the front of the right tyre.

54 Clio 182 2.0
Just to update this thread, it's peeing water once warm and there's a rather dodger rattle noise coming from the left hand side of the engine bay (if your stood directly in front of the car) is this the water pump that's dodgy? I've been given a quote of £220 decent?

54 Clio 182 2.0
bump all the liquid from the coolant reservoir is now disappeared once again! Am i safe to drive the car if i top the coolant up? thanks..