ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overheating

1.2 16v
Was in stop start traffic driving through london and noticed the stop light came on and the engine light. I managed to get pulled over in a petrol station to find the bottom radiator hose had come off. Called the AA and he managed to get it on whilst moaning about the clips for the hoses. Filled it up with water but it was still running very hot on the gauge right at the top. The aa chap thinks its the water pump as the pipes werent getting hot but it was replaced just over a year ago. Could this be the problem or could it be that he didnt undo the bleed screw when he filled up the water and its trapped air? Also the thermostat was only replaced about a month ago.
Cheers

Dodgy one
He didnt bleed the system :eek: Its not a bloody Veedub, You will have an airlock in it, I'm not sure how many there are on the clios but you will need to open them all and close them in a specific order

If you have access to a set of hex keys then you should be able to take the thermostat out. I wouldnt recommend driving it until youve fixed it or you will have to fix your headgasket like I did :(

1.2 16v
Ive bleed the system and the temps sitting half way again but i was talking to someone who said that it could be the head gasket that caused the bottom radiator pipe to come off. Any thoughts?