ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overheating

N/A Currently
Well, finally got the car back today after 8 weeks at the bodyshop!

Everything is great with the car, a really good job has been done, butttt...

When I was driving it before, the water temperature slowly crept right the way to the top, after 5 minutes of driving, it was at the top and both Stop lights on the instrument panel came on.

Pulled over, bonnet open, coolant bottle isnt steaming or bubbling, its luke-warm at best, also the fans are kicking in, so theres no overheating under the bonnet.

Does that just leave the thermostat that could be the issue?

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
If the dials are off the scale and there is no steam coming from the engine bay.
It’s a sensor or dial is probly bust

N/A Currently
i thought as much, i've ordered a new thermostat, so we'll see if that changes anything when I get it tomorrow!

a red clio van
there mabye a airlock in your heater ... have u tried the heater ??? mine is warm when the car is warm but to check if there is a air lock put your heater on warm and if its warm its circulating if its not warm you may have an air lock. try it and see. have u prodeed any pipes?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
my coolant temp sensor played up on myne, started it up first thing on an icy morning and the needle went straight to red, changed the sensor and it was sorted.

I would make sure your system is bled and that your thermostat is opening. Are all your pipes nice and hot after running it up?