ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

owning a valver

jus adding on my views to the thread bout the joys of owning a valver. mines a 94 L reg with 59k on the clock and even tho its had problems, i wouldnt change it 4 anything. i had an overheating engine which in the end meant re skimming the head and that plus new thermostat and new fan motor. plus my alternator went and i had the leaky water thro the ariel, which in the end made a gasket 4 and hasnt leaked since. i had some dodgy switches which replaced and even the foglamps had to be replaced. the exhaust was rusty so had full s/s exhaust put on it instead and added the induction kit. now its sorted and running well, i am so happy with it and love driving it all the time. ya can put it in2 corners knowing it will hold the road and is good fun racing away from other cars cos it accelerates so well. when first bought it, took a mate out in it and he thought it was a1.4 until i floored it. he couldnt believe wot engine was in it.lol.everyone who has been in it and they love the car.plus my missus thinks i look sexy driving it which is the best.

even the bodywork looks awesome for a standard kit with the flared arches and the bonnet scoop/bulge on the front, ya jus wouldnt need to put on a bodykit.mine is the popular blue but the shade of it will b changing soon

with all the plans i have in the future 4 my valver im sure it will only get better n better n i will love it more and more, willl put pics up on board when its done for all who want to see

cheers

nice one mate,
as well as a few of your probs with yours, mine had a new clutch & engine (as the oil pressure pump went on it & a few other things causing it to seize, so it now has a lower mileage one in it)

the thing i like about it best is that most ppl think is just a dumb clio !!
and assume its a 1.4 etc (no offence to the small engine crew) which is good as they often get left behind, so only get to see the back of it !!

i really would have to think hard about selling it, as its pretty mint & does what i want it to do.

Street Triple R

heard so many good things about the Valver, ive been in one once (very comfy seats IIRC) ill have to drive one some day :)

P.S cat171 - love the Avatar! :D b+b rule!

ill second the previous comments on the valver! They have a few problems but providing you look after them properly they more than reward you! I love my valver and at the moment wouldnt swap it for anything....even tho it doesnt idle properly and just cuts out!

Agree with the comment that people think its just a nans shopping trolley, ive had all sorts race me and afterwards admit they thought they would piss all over me...but they very rarely do! The funniest was a fiesta RST, the geezer was well impressed, didnt like it that i suggested his was an XR2 cos i beat him so convincingly! haha!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1089634748__2004_0712Image0008.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1089634748__2004_0712Image0008.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1089634313__2004_0712Image0001.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1089634313__2004_0712Image0001.jpg

Street Triple R

some people on here have a valver as their first car! :eek:

how much roughly would it be for a girl to insure one as her first car??

wongy, your ex valver is on e of the best examples i have ever seen, looks spot on.
felix thats a proper rare colour for a valver marte !
yours looks clean as too.

jon, cheers for the comment mate,i f*cking love them.

The Jinx

Mines had before I got it:

Re-con head (belt snapped)
New gearbox
New rear discs n pads
New clutch

Since I got it its had, through differing reasons:

New alternator
New steering column
New rear bearing
New heatshield
New clutch cable
New front discs n pads
Magnex re-fitted
New Rad
New fan
New low-temp stat and switch
New bonnet/bumper/headlight/grille
Sunroof leak fixed
Loads of bulbs replaced
Rear speakers re-wired
Lots of rust spots cleaned up and proofed
a can of waxoyl in as many parts/areas as I can reach

and next week gets a cambelt and pulley change.

Phew! Wouldnt change it for the world. Even if I get another car I cant see me wanting to get rid of her.

This car has converted me to old skool motoring in a big way.

[Edited by mike8579 on 10/5/2004 1:26:08 PM]

ive not even driven my valver apart from the day I picked her up, but love the car and hopefully wont have to get rid of it pending finances. much better daily drive than my Williams due to standard zorst! lol

^ha - thats nothing mike8579!

Since i got mine ive had engine reconditioned, new gearbox, new steering rack, new steering column, new alternator, new radiaiator, new heatsheild, new wheel bearings, new brakes, new exhaust, new 1.8 suspension, new engine mounts, new clutch, new followers, new vernier pulleys, new 1.8 driveshafts, new williams driveshafts, new williams front shocks, new wheel hub, new central locking, new tyres, new williams ARB, new williams wishbones, chipped ECU, new fast road cams, new de-cat, new lowering springs, new low temp fan swicth, new low temp thermstat, williams spoiler, new prima alloys, williams grille and headlights, phase 1 alloys reconditioned, new window tints, new Prima bumper, willy seatbelts, new BB stainless system, new alloy header tank, new ISCV, new CTS, stereo....i could go on more!

Bottomless pit of money...still love it though! :D

Vee dub

Hello - i started the previous thread on joys of owning the 16v...

Soo many people are surprised how quick they are, its great fun.

TomS

[Edited by TomS on 05 October 2004 at 2:37pm]

cheers for the comment Iain! i love the colour, you just dont see very many of them, i can count the number of cars ive seen in that colour on one hand.

bloody hell lads, some of you have poured real money into your valvers! I know how much ive spent and the majority of it was just maintanence, hate to think how light your wallets are!

Although, i should be joining you guys with light wallets soon as hopefully its getting a little treat for its xmas pressie, courtesy of a company that knows nick reads valver very well.......

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 05 October 2004

wongy, your ex valver is on e of the best examples i have ever seen, looks spot on.
felix thats a proper rare colour for a valver marte !
yours looks clean as too.

jon, cheers for the comment mate,i f*cking love them.
cheers mate i spent a fair bit on it and it was fairly quick too with the hill power modd head and cams

but to be honest it was reliable too, it only ever broke down once in two and half years ownership all otherbits were wear and tear bits

excellent car and someone has a much loved valver

exactly the same with mine, was all wear and tear and i bought her off a girl who didnt really look after it. when went to pick it up she was driving a v6 clio with the reg plate CL10 V6. fink it was jus badly looked after when i got mine n im jus putting her back to how she should be, a quick n sweet lookin hot hatch. waitin for my rims aswell cos there stuck on a ship in a port somewhere apparently. spose ya got to remember that they are hot hatches and people are going to drive them fast so they will wear at some point. also had my driveshafts done too. shame we didnt buy our valvers when they first come out.

2.0 175dci rs meggy

i totally agree with what everyone has said - i love the drive and especially the looks.. only had it for 3 months - i have been working at a reno dealer for 8 years now and this car used to be a demo, was sold to a oldish bloke and every time the car came in for work it had loads done < wear and tear stuff (bushes brakes and stuff). on time it came in the customer was thinking about trading it in cause of one of the bills!!! i was very interested in the car and buying it but did not have the money!! like always! the customer was informed that i liked the car by one of the receptionists. up until i bought the car recently it had not came back into the dealer so i thought it had been sold on elsewhere!!! but one day the owner came in and asked if i was still interested, i was like YES YES. he was about to trade it in for a corsa (WHY) but thought he would ask me first!! (NICE OF HIM OR WHAT??)

anyway bought it off him within the week £2700 for a M plate 95 with 52k on clock and him only owner form new demo at our dealership

within that week went form this

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1097001735__DSCF0003.jpg

to this

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1092397517__DSCF0084.jpg

wkd james fink ya made a wise choice. did the prevous owner put the rear clusters on. itchin to put pics up of mine but its nowhere ready yet to be shown. will b awesome tho (i hope)

2.0 175dci rs meggy

no thats me about 2 months after getting it - miss the ax though was a right pocket rocket - i think it was quicker that the clio in some respects - but then again the handling was not all that!!!

yeah know fink the handling is wkd on valver, jus seems to stick to road. never been in an ax gt, bloke at wk knew someone at his college that had a white one in kingston area n one of his mates had a grey one n they did them up n had a feature in one of the mags. matey with white one wrote it off tho apparently. u doin anymore mods or leaving standard. see burgandy one round my way that had your alloys but was lowered down with ktec k8 zorst. looked mental dropped.

2.0 175dci rs meggy

want 16"s or 17"s and coil-overs

putting on de-cat this weekend have a zorst of a rsi at work

and want to sort out induction

thats all i want

did my induction n put new zorst on it cos old one was rusty. ws goin 4 coilovers but matey at R-TEC said that wasnt really worth it cos they r designed for flat roads n if ya go over the littlest bump ya gonna hit the roof so he suggested that instead of paying all that cash 4 coilovers i can get lowerin springs on front to drop it 35mm n adjust torsion bar to suit. gonna get it done when i have my 17s fitted when they turn up n set it all up at same time. he jus said that cos everyone he spoke to who had coilovers said that they dnt like them