ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OZ Super Turismos or TSW Imolas......

GR7

Shiny red R32

I think when the better weather comes, I will get some new wheels for my car and I fancy either TSW Imolas or OZ Super Turismos. What do you guys think will suit a black 172 Mk2? Is there something else I should look at?

If you had to choose between the two i think the OZ set is better. If i had to pick wheels i would 17ich wheels only So it would be either 1000 Miglia (Revenge 4), BK racing BK121 or OZ Racing SuperLeggera. Look here for loads of wheels

http://www.wheel-base.co.uk/

What size wheels are you looking for?.

Chun.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Man-Chun: Thanks for your reply. I will probably stick with the 16s or would 17s fit OK?

17s would fit ok as long as you have the right offset. BK Racing BK121 and 1000 Miglia Revenge 4 dont have those alloys in 16s. If i was to choose 16s i would have the OZ Racing SuperLeggera. But that wheel is very populer, is that the right way to spell that ? hehe, so in a few months time loads of modified cars will have these wheels But i have choosen to stick with my 15s and concentrate on getting more power

Chun.

Silver Fabia vRS

Girl-Racer - Im in a similar dilemma at the moment about putting 17" on my MK2. I dont really want to lower it yet because I think Renault have invested good time and money setting it up correctly. You can put 17" rims on with 215/35 R17 tyres with only a 0.07% increase in the rolling radius, which means at 70mph on the 16" rims you will only be doing 70.05mph on the 17" rims! Perfect!

GR7

Shiny red R32

My car already has 16s on it. I dont like those Miglias at all. The BK121 has a little resemblance to the wheels which were on the Mk1 172. Still favour the OZ Super Ts or TSW Imolas. Perhaps I will superimpose both onto a pic of my car when I get off this website!

Interesting Geoff Ermm would 215 width fit onto the car with rubbing?. If so i might have to reconcider 17s again

Chun.

Silver Fabia vRS

I havent looked into that Chun but wouldnt think an extra 2 cms would make too much difference. Can afford new wheels at the moment anyway

I was almost tempted to go for 17s with your post but i think i will stick to spending my money on the power side I resisted the Dark side again hehe.

Chun.

17" wheels went straight on my MK1 172 and did not rub at all, even on full lock - the car did not need lowering either!
The downside was that the car did not feel as well set-up as it previously did - but that is just my opinion.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Wallisj: Your car looks scrummy! How dare others on this website, like ChavyBoy, say that our black 172s look like downsized London cabs!

I think you have helped me decide!! Your car looks gorgeous with those Super Ts. Did you have to make and adjustments or did they go straight on?

I dont think it would look so good in red!

Girlracer: Thanks for the nice comments...

The OZs were £875 (ouch) this was with Toyo Proxes T1S Rubber

I got the original quote of £799 with Falken then went to my "friendly" halfords/ripspeed (spent a mint in there recently) and got them to do proxes instead...

They bolted straight on without any problems and no scrubbing even with full lock.

There is sometimes a strange rubber like smell after i have caned it a lot but that could also be the CAT burning, smelt lovely at the rolling road day, nearly choked everyone

Ta
J

When it comes to choosing between the Oz and the TSW imola there is no question on which ones to get. The OZ are easily the bes quality,

I was recently looking at these two wheels and what made me make up my mind is the fact that the Imolas have been discontinued, so if you curbed, bucked or just needed a new one soon you wont be able to.

Kev

I had OZ F1 Cup Evo on my saxo...looked wicked too....

I have always loved OZ for style and quality...they have just brought out the SuperLeggera in the silver crystal finish.....Hmmmm sweet

Ta
J

BMW 320d Sport

Its got to be OZ, nothing else will do. Except maybe some BBS splitties. Anyway, OZ Super T or Superleggera will do the trick. Id go for the superleggera personally.

GR

get oz super Gs but get the new polished ones!!!not the old dark grey coloured ones wont look good on ya black motor

wongy

Silver Fabia vRS

Soon everyone will have OZ SuperTs or SuperLs on there cars....lets try to be different eh? Why not some TSW Venoms and yes I am only kidding but wouldnt if we all drove 1.2 Novas! I like Kahns personally and have been thinking about some RSRs or RSZs for my MK2.

BMW 320d Sport

Three-spokes are even easier to clean, why not get a set off an old Fiesta complete with dummy brake discs?

Silver Fabia vRS

Nick - It would be great if you could put me in touch with somebody that has 3-spokes as I think they look great on all cars!

How about a nice set of MOMO 5 spokes, in 17" flavour. Not many people have got these on, super Ts are too common now.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Still prefer the OZ Super Ts. They look quite bold and I think will suit black. A friend has them on his black RS 500 Cossie and they look great. What about the Fox 3? Or the OZ F1 Cup? Maybe the F1 Cup suits the paler silver rather than the black. Any more ideas?

GR

if your getting multi spokes tha stick with O.Z. quality gear unless your strapped for cash. i knoew somwone with the fox3 and they looked the nuts in crystal finish. how about team dynamic diablos od Bk 121. bk604 look nice too!!!these are really thin spokes
personally get some kahn 5 spokes!!!!
these look good on any car

wongy

I come to the conclusion that the the normal OZ cups are pretty nice as it is. I might just go for 16s F1 just to fill the arches better

Chun.