ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oz superleggera et 37 what spacers?

Clio 172 Cup
Ive just fitted oz superleggera wheels to my 172 cup and they look like they sit in the arch a lot more than the 182 alloys i did have on it when i bought it........due to the different offset i think, what thickness spacers are the best choice for filling the arches a bit more but without any rubbing?

Renault Clio 172 cup
Original cup is et35 I think so 37 would actually sit in a couple of mm. Sometimes its just the style of wheels that makes it seem like they are sitting differently, also depends on width of wheels , how much spokes etc sit proud of rim. If they fit and dont rub/foul just go with it.

Clio 172 Cup
Ye it's says et 37 on rear of wheel and also they are 7j wide. Maybe it is just the style of the alloy then and the thinner spokes making the car look narrower as I'm used to the flat faced 182 alloys that were fitted! What are the common spacers people fit with turinis ?

Spacers wise, I'd go for 16mm hubcentric fronts and 5mm rears, in either hub spacer or standard wheel spacer.

This man is talking sense. ^^^^

I have et37 7j superleggeras on mine and as above 16mm is all you need up front anymore and it will look stupid and rub like a nutter on hard cornering..

On the rear i found that with 5mm spacers and 205 wide tyres i had slight scrubbing when i had rear passengers, dropped down to 195's and all good.

Shall try and find some pics of the distance mine stick out with spacers.

Rear

DSCF2108_zps252bd0c7.jpg

Front

DSCF2109_zpsc455c43b.jpg

DSCF2106_zpsdc1a8446.jpg

DSCF2107_zpsd953b554.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
thanks MartinR its good to see the difference on the front especially! any recommendations on where to get the spacers from?

Last edited: