ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Packing .NET Framework into the project exe?

Hey ppl,
I've delved into Visual Studio 2005 for the first time and was wondering if any one knows how to package the .NET framework into the install/setup.exe of an application. Basically, I have created a small app and would like to include the .NET framework so that when people install the application, if they dont already have .NET, it will install it. Hope you follow this..lol.

Cheers,
-TS

172 cup'd extreme
use the visual studio.net installer studio, make sure you include the merge modules as well in the package

I have used the included Installer that comes with VS 2005. However, it does give me the otption to include any additional files.

I have another question! I have installed a small app that connects to a local database and displays records. I have put the into a setup.exe and installed it onto my laptop. Now it runs fine but I cant find any of the files. It may sound strange but all I can find is the Application Reference shortcut in the start menu. I have tried searching for the file using Windows search but no look. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Thanks for any help,
-TS