ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It's good to hear that you're finally having chance to enjoy driving the trophy, however fleeting the opportunity may be. It's nice to have a car sat waiting that can give you a thrill when you need to de stress abit no matter what the weather, and a clio sport is perfect for that.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
If you have the space and it’s not burning a hole in your wallet, I’d hang on to it.

Not for the “ThEse ARe GuNNeR be WuRTh a FoRtuNe” in 10 years reasons/debate, but for the memories, the nostalgia, the sheer bloody mindedness that the cars of tomorrow are going to be soulless and devoid of the character and charm that these classics exude.

It's not about the investment or resale value; it's about preserving a piece of history and relishing the unique experience these cars offer, something that future generations may never truly understand.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
If you have the space and it’s not burning a hole in your wallet, I’d hang on to it.

Not for the “ThEse ARe GuNNeR be WuRTh a FoRtuNe” in 10 years reasons/debate, but for the memories, the nostalgia, the sheer bloody mindedness that the cars of tomorrow are going to be soulless and devoid of the character and charm that these classics exude.

It's not about the investment or resale value; it's about preserving a piece of history and relishing the unique experience these cars offer, something that future generations may never truly understand.
Agree, but let’s not forget Sharky has a GT4 😂

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
200.gif

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Tbh an rs clio is so f**king cheap to keep running annually i’m keeping mine. Does a few hundred miles a year tops. costs peanuts to service. Onyl big bill is the belts but that is hardly that expensive.

if you still enjoy it and have the space etc keep it imo.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
If it helps at all, the gear gaiter is still available new, 8200071449 is the part number, includes the plastic ring with the clips that always snap. If you're going down the snappy steering wheel re-trim route at some point, he can retrim the gaiter in some decent leather too.

Great, thanks for the information mate - I'll get onto that! Yeah, I fully plan on getting a Snappy re-trim so may indeed consider getting the gaiter done for a few pennies extra, too. (y) Cheers!

It's good to hear that you're finally having chance to enjoy driving the trophy, however fleeting the opportunity may be. It's nice to have a car sat waiting that can give you a thrill when you need to de stress abit no matter what the weather, and a clio sport is perfect for that.

I wholeheartedly agree, mate! Whilst I keep the GT4 insured all year and try and use it all year round, the weather and tyre combo can make it a bit of a liability at times. With the Trophy... well, I don't really give a toss. Just jump in it and drive regardless of what the weather is like! It's nice to be able to do that, definitely. It also helps that I'm not particularly precious about the Trophy any more either. Don't get me wrong, I look after all my cars as best I can and I want them to be the best they can be, but I don't mind so much now if the Trophy gets a bit of a chip, a scuff, or whatever.

True, perhaps I haven't mentioned it before... 🫣

20220708_165556.jpg

Sorry not sorry. 🤣

Good to hear its back on the road and you are enjoying it again. Trophy weekender next year if all goes well:cool:

Thanks, mate. Yup, it would be great to get a Trophy Weekender into the calendar next year! Given the number of years and times I've helped organise or be a part of it, I'm yet to drive it in my own Trophy! :ROFLMAO:

Tbh an rs clio is so f**king cheap to keep running annually i’m keeping mine. Does a few hundred miles a year tops. costs peanuts to service. Onyl big bill is the belts but that is hardly that expensive.

if you still enjoy it and have the space etc keep it imo.

I hear you and appreciate it can be a relatively inexpensive car to have. But it can also be quite an expense! #165 has already cost me in excess of 2k this year not including tax and insurance! Parts are starting to fail, many parts are NLA, and sourcing parts can be a nightmare. If you've got a decent runner then they can make sense for sure. If you've got a temperamental sonofabitch then you constantly have your hand in your pocket and a pack of lube to hand. :ROFLMAO:

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy

Absolutely this... I could have not put it more succinctly. 👏