ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pad + polish help....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
My audi s4 and it has the ebony black paint on it, not looking amazing ATM, I have a das6 pro with some menzerna polishes and sonus pads, even using the restore pad with fast gloss I'm just not getting the finish or close to the finish I want, there is still scratches and holograms that just aren't coming out, well nothing seems to be coming out, this combo worked amazing on my Mazda rx7 but the audi paint is appearing to be bullet proof lol! Can you suggest a pad and polish combo that I can use on my da? Tempted to buy a rotary but tight on money ATM...

spoke to midlands car care on fb, he recommended a bit more pressure and full speed on the das6 should give a bit more cut etc... Read on DW people recommending micro fiber pads, so anyone got any recommendations? I got some g3 but really don't want to use it lol....

Don't use G3. Simple as that.

Now that's out of the way, it's a decent cutting compound on hard paint, so look at 3.02 from Menz. 203S also works well on VAG paints. It can be done, but my God it takes a while to do. Do you have anyone close by that you could borrow a rotary from?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
No :-/ tempted to buy a silverline...

​im using the restore pad with menz s500 which is supposed to have more cut than 3.02 which I also have but the s500 isn't touching it lol....

is it possible to convert the da to rotary? By removing the da part? Or am I being stupid?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had to correct the passenger side of a Golf today after the owner had the drivers side painted.

I tried out my new DAS6 and auto finesse stuff and sacked it off after half a panel. Got my silverline out, cracked open some G3 and had it finished by lunchtime.

Yes it creates more mess but it got the job done!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
The yellow SFX-1 restore pad should blind it with a bit of high speed and decent pressure Malice.

The Menz polishes are good because theyre specifically designed to work well on the ceramiclear topcoats of Mercs/BMW/Audi/Rolls etc.

Intensive Polish PO85RD3.02 and the 4" SFX-1 sonus restore pads should be fine.
Dont worry too much about the speed or pressure, push down so you're almost stalling the pad on speed 4 or 5.

Check panel temperature so you dont cause any damage or bake the polish onto the panel, constantly moving around too.
Hope this helps.

BTW I use this method with the Porter Cable dual action
(though I have a 3m rotary for time-saving too)

Z4
I've polished my bmw with my das6 and its time consuming, strangely not as time consuming as my RB182 though! I'm now about to buy a rotary, cba with the da for cutting!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Found the silverline silverstorm for 37 quid which I might just get to do the cutting then refine with the da.... Misses will be pissed if she finds out I spent more money lol, though I will try more pressure on the da first

Z4
Found the silverline silverstorm for 37 quid which I might just get to do the cutting then refine with the da.... Misses will be pissed if she finds out I spent more money lol, though I will try more pressure on the da first

Where did you find it for that price mate? I will probably end up with that too, can't go too far wrong for that price. (unless we burn through our paint!)