ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pads not doing a complete sweep

Dodgy one
Have a bit of a problem im a bit puzzled by, i think Its one of two things i believe faulty disks or faulty pads. covered about 500 miles since fitted!

78565187.jpg

Today just to make sure id not been a mongy, i pulled the pads out, cleaned it all up, caliper sliders are all free, handbrakes good, pistons free, basically usual things seem good, I stomped on the brake pedal with the wheel up in the air its working fine it is.

The other side is perfect doing a full sweep and it doesnt pull under braking, also its evenly balanced on the brake rollers too :-/

The old worn disks and pads werent leaving this ring either, im tempted to swap the pads between sides but the fact theyve done a few hundred mile now im tempted to stick a new set of pads in.

Shall i just remove them and rub them up over a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface?

Last edited:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
very common, rears don't do much anyway so really don't worry as long as everything is moving ok