ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pain in the arse Parrot kit!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Okay so I took out the stereo, and plugged it all in and as far as I can tell it should work fine...

But, when you turn the stereo off it still says the radio station/whatever it said before on the screen, and the Parrot kit won't turn on :(

Help? Shouldn't have started this in my lunch break but determined to get it to work before I go mental!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like you've got a power feed the wrong way around... Read the manual carefully and check everything.

Did you need a patch lead? If so it may be an issue in there.

Westfield, 182, 200
Fitted a couple to clios, as Mick said, sounds like the ignition feed and the permanent feed are the wrong way round-can be quite tricky to sort, but the manual explains it, otherwise you could do with a circuit testers to prove which is which.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Fixed a problem with one of these the other day where the ignition fuse for the radio had gone when it was being fitted.

Replied in your other thread about your other problem

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Sounds like you've got a power feed the wrong way around... Read the manual carefully and check everything.

Did you need a patch lead? If so it may be an issue in there.

Just works off the ISO leads I believe, you plug the two leads into two plugs and then these plug into the stereo.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Fixed a problem with one of these the other day where the ignition fuse for the radio had gone when it was being fitted.

Replied in your other thread about your other problem

Put the radio back and it all works fine, still stuck about the Parrot kit though!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You're welcome to cover over to Wateringbury sometime next week if you want and I'll have a look for you.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
MK3 ph2 models you will need to run your own 12volt after ignition to the parrot kit.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
MK3 ph2 models you will need to run your own 12volt after ignition to the parrot kit.

Could be an idea... Would the parrot kit do anything if I just connected 12v to the right wires? Could run it off a spare PC power supply I have if so and test it

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Ive run them off the cig lighter before when were fitting them day in day out. If you ran it straight off a permanent 12 volt it would stay on all the time. If you look at your original block connector which connects to the parrot kit wiring you will see that the 12volt after ignition wire goes to a blank on he original block this is why you need to run your own wire.

Clio 182
Never realised u had mk3 presumed, as alistair says ignition feed will be required- easiest bet is to tap of cig lighter with scotch lock, or get some spur fuses and tap into fuse box, easy

Clio 182
If u wire both to constant feed u will destroy parrot blue box in a short time- not designed to be run this way

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Could be an idea... Would the parrot kit do anything if I just connected 12v to the right wires? Could run it off a spare PC power supply I have if so and test it

Yeah it will.

If you know which is the ignition live and hook a 12v to it to test with the other permanent 12v connected and ground you can test.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Yeah it will.

If you know which is the ignition live and hook a 12v to it to test with the other permanent 12v connected and ground you can test.

Ah ill be trying that soon then :) the orange and the red are ignition and permanent live aren't they? What colour would the ground be?

That still leaves the problem of the screen not turning off when the stereo goes off too :(

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Did it not come with the adapter loom so it plugs straight into the clio ?

Nope :(

On a side note! I love you all for your help! (In a heterosexual way), just wired it up to a spare PC power supply I had lying around, worked first time! So obviously that's where the fault lies :) just got two minor things to sort now...

Firstly, anyone know how I can get the screen of the stereo turning off when the stereo turns off? :s
Secondly, obviously as something works something else breaks. I just pulled the cable slightly from the screen and the connector needs re soldering slightly that looks like a horrible job! Serves me right for leaving it on the side. No idea how I managed to do it...

Last question for the evening I promise! Where shall I get the two lives from in the car? I understand the ignition live can come from the cigarette lighter, but the permenant live?

Clio 182
The red cable that goes into parrot box needs to be constant 12v, the orange needs to be switched 12v. The earth is the black cable.

If you hook both up to constant live the kit will not go off.

The mk3 stereo is CAN and the parrot will only go off in sync with stereo if you get CAN adapter. As mentioned above you can tap into other source of ignition (cig lighter) to save yourself needing an adapter.

On the ck3100 you can use a precision screwdriver to remove cable from rear of screen to repair

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
A quick update! Soldered the screen back on and noticed the red pin in the plug had come out. So, plugged that back in and it all works now! The stereo screen even turns off and on! Now just to wire it up in the car.

The red cable that goes into parrot box needs to be constant 12v, the orange needs to be switched 12v. The earth is the black cable.

If you hook both up to constant live the kit will not go off.

The mk3 stereo is CAN and the parrot will only go off in sync with stereo if you get CAN adapter. As mentioned above you can tap into other source of ignition (cig lighter) to save yourself needing an adapter.

On the ck3100 you can use a precision screwdriver to remove cable from rear of screen to repair