ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint Depth Racing Blue

Tav

Clio 197
Just had a meeting with one of our local detailers, wondering if anyone has an experience with 182 Racing Blue paint and paint depths so that I can compare my readings? Are Renault good at applying paint, how consistent do they tend to be?

Tav

Clio 197
Paint should be 100 and clear should be about 20-30...

Under Bonnet: 100 (as it should be with no clear coat)
Engine Bay: 100 (as it should be with no clear coat)

Bonnet (Exterior): 125-150 (fine)
Roof: 140-160 (ok)
Rear 1/4: 160-212 (few really high readings here and there with lower ones elsewhere)
Tailgate: As above...

Tav

Clio 197
Yup seemed to be, quite a lot of variation...detailer said nothing to be worried about as it looks great. His Mk1 Golf has had a full respray and showed smaller readings in most places. A Clio DCi that was in his neighbours driveway was about 140-150 in most places....car was sold as being factory fresh with only 15k on the clock and has a dealer badge on the boot lid...so confused to whether or not it has been painted.

Who was it that took your paint readings ?

A little too much paint could just be a rear bumper thats been touched up due to a scuff, nothing major.

More paint than normal means more to play with when Pc'ing doesn't it ?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was about 160-180 all over except a few lower spots on the front of the bonnet etc.

Tav

Clio 197
Skid did them Richard, he's detailing it tomorrow.

Depends on how much paint/clear there is as it's the clear that gets polished.