ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint repair in Derby

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I've got a couple of scrapes and scratches around the car that I'd like to get sorted and I'm looking for some recommendations.

My rear bumper has a little bit of paint missing and it's down to the black plastic. I dunno if that's going to need a respray or what.

Has anybody used any bodyshops or even the local chipsaway guy in Derby to have paintwork done?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Chipsaway guy I don't rate to be honest.

Advanced Autobody on Sandown Rd (off Ascot Drive) is the best around, not the cheapest but worth it :)

You got a private reg on your car by any chance?

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Cheers. I've got a day booked off tomorrow so I'll pop down then and see what they can do.

Yup I do have a private plate on the car. It belonged to the bloke I bought it off so it doesn't mean a thing to me. It's R7 JGL so if you see me around, wave :)

Knightsbridge Garage in Jacksdale (near Eastwood/Selston) did my spoiler..
Very very good job, would definateluy recommend him.
Only thing is, the guy who does the paint work only works (i think) tuesday and friday!

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Just took the car into advanced autobody. They quoted me £45 + VAT just to touch the bumper scuff up, and £140 + VAT I think to respray half the bumper. For the full bumper it was £180 + VAT.

I also asked how much it would be to respray the bonnet plus front and back bumper and they said they'll do it for £483 total.

The bloke showed me around their workshop and it looked like they did some top work. They had an AMV8 in there too.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
AUTOBODYCRAFT 01283 550 570 in swadlincote are the best IMO mate, used him for years on all my cars again not the cheapest,
but an excellent Job (I am REALLY fussy abut my car ). I will never take it anywhere else.
They have painted and restored a lot of cars that have won concourse trophys for the ford RSOC .(did all the paint on my RSturbo )
First class service ask for John :approve::approve:

G.P Motors in darley abbey, they are top notch. Do lots of warranty work for toyota, bmw and he is renault approved too. Hes expensive but his repairs are faultless.

Auto body tek in sandiacre are very good also, that guy used to work in a bodyshop painting ferrari's, ive seen his portfolio of work doing repairs on enzo's etc. very trustworthy.

Nissan 350z
Off the back of this thead which is kinda along the same lines.

Does anyone know/offer detailing services around the Derby area? The reason im looking for something local'ish is because i dont really want to be stuck two hours drive from home on something that can take 8hrs etc.

Seeing JD's topic *here* has really inspired me to spend some money and get this done :)

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I'd be interested if anybody could name a good local detailing service too. The pics in that thread are amazing.

btw I got my bonnet and bumper scrape sorted at GP Motors who did a top job.

It's not an easy place to find and my suspension took a battering getting there lol

Nissan 350z
Jun the closest ive found is "Curley" a member on here who lives in Coventry. But again it involves driving to Coventry in the morning and being without your car for about 9hrs. Im still looking for others as thats still alittle far out of the way :(

200 Gordini
Ive got the option of staying at my brothers overnight so can spend 2 days on anyones car. I just need your water and electricity :D

Nissan 350z
... And someone with a heavy wallet dont forget ;)

Thanks for the update tho Curley. Its on my list of things to do along with others!

200 Gordini
... And someone with a heavy wallet dont forget ;)

Thanks for the update tho Curley. Its on my list of things to do along with others!

haha.

I think you'll agree its a hell of alot cheaper than anyone else (who knew what they are doing) would do it for.

:D