ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paintwork stained :(

PH2 172
Ok so i cleaned my car last sunday and looked mint and on the way to work monday i was late so decided to go the back lanes. unlucky for me they had just spread s**t over the fields and it was raining so the roads were a right mess and after following a car my car was covered and covered in s**t (literaly) now i left it on the car all week in the sun. and have just washed the car today to find i cant get rid of the staines iv washed it 3 times used TFR and polished it and for soem reason it has stained my paintwork and kinda looks like its got into my laquar. how can i get rid of the staines its left.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Could be similar to bird etching. Paint correction is probably requied.

Via machine, get someone who knows what they're doingbb

PH2 172
ow dear think thats what it is wont budge at all im trying to find someone local to me at the moment bit of a nightmare want it done properly really.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fire up a thread in the wanted section mate. I'm sure there will be someone local who will at least have a gander at it.

Hopefully can get it out.

Golf GTD Mk7
Unlucky pal, poo etches badly on Renault paint unfortunately. As gally said, machine polishing should sort it

PH2 172
yea im gutted not long had it painted looks like its in the laqure looks shiny from a distance and when get up close looks like its covered in bug and mud splat staines....

PH2 172
closer look to the front bumper and bonnet and sides i think its had something in it and its got into the laqure think its guna have to be a quick blow over jobbie :( pricey.

PH2 172
iv just tried taking some in the garage but cant seem to get it on camera dads just had a look as he used to work at a paintshop and seems to think its got in the laqure. hope it isnt :(

Even if its damaged the paint, unless its hideous (doesnt sound it, if you have to look for it) you should be able to "correct it" as gally said. Mind you you'll need a hasher compound, try on an area which isnt too obvious first with something harsher.

PH2 172
ok spot on im going to try find someone local to me to machine it if its damaged then il just save for a repaint as it could do with it to make it how i want it but still not the point. that will teach me not to go round there again.