ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paris in 36 hours!

SchwepTek™
2 of my mates came over Monday night and we were really bored so for a laugh I said, lets drive to Paris!

Half hour later and we were packed, had a £14 return ferry from Dover to Dunkirk booked and a full tank of diesel. (Managed to borrow mates Saab 93)

1 of the guys drove there and I drove all the way back! We were shattered! Leaving at 10pm, we arrived in Paris at 8 yesterday morning. A quick 3 hour power nap was needed in the car and then we spent 8 hours visiting the Eiffel Tower, Louvre and Arc de Triomphe! We left at about 9 last night and got home at 6.30 this morning.

What a day!

IMG_8539.gif

IMG_8554.jpg

IMG_8544.jpg

IMG_8592.jpg

IMG_8622.jpg

IMG_8641.jpg

IMG_8670.jpg

All photos were taken on my new Canon 400d with standard Lens. As you can probably see, I'm still learning how to use it!

One thing i'm not getting used to is shooting in RAW and then having to manually adjust! The photos look quite dull i think, and also the sky is completely textureless.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
first eiffle tower pic is class.

me and my mates always come up with ideas like this yet we never have the cahooners to do it :D

Fiat Panda 100hp
Its the best when you do it like that, just go three on impulse. Im going to be doing it some weekend soon.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
like conteo - yeah i'm doing this impulse thing 3 weeks on friday.

D

dick

pmsl conteo. ahh dear that did make me laugh...

is there a sky there?

just shoot jpeg, and set levels in camera for what you are doing.
its not worth shooting raw all the time imo. just raw and jpeg the raw incase u need to go really the big, the jpeg for normal, save PPing time.

ye the sky is blown out, welcome to the world of correct exposure! could have set and AEB up and HDR'd them to put some sky in.
or get an ND grad-grey. or a polariser. or just stop down a bit, things can be brightened up but cant really rectify things completely blown out.

Can't see the pics yet (at work, no Photobucket access) but sounds like a great trip.

I did Venice in 36hrs last year, was a bit more planned than your trip but was still great fun, amazing what you can pack in when you just blitz it!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Love the "random mad notion" expeditions - get quite a few between me & my best mates

2nd shot of the tower is cool :)