ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY Arrives On Mainland

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
What a weekend its been and I'm totally shattered.
I now finally have a LY 197 F1 R27 sitting outside my house after hours of driving and being awake.

So I have been chatting with the seller of the car for a couple of weeks and I finally made the move this weekend to go get the car with the other half. The car was located on the Isle of Lewis off the tip of the Scottish cost at the bloody top.

So Friday morning at 4am me and the mrs set off for a 5 hour drive from Edinburgh to Ullapool in heavy fog, We then took the 10.30am ferry from Ullapool over to Stornaway on the Isle of Lewis that was a 2h 45min job.
Arrived on the Isle of Lewis and met the owner and then went to the owner house, spent a while there going over the car and talking it for a drive and then doing all the paperwork and checking this.
By this point its 3pm and we have been awake for 12 hours and so tired so then left to head to get an early dinner and head to our hotel for a early night.
Once again up at 4am to catch the 7am ferry back to mainland UK from the Isle of Lewis to Stornaway and then a 4h 30m drive home to Edinburgh with the car, The car drove perfectly and could not fault it.

Being sent a picture of the car the night before we arrive.

001.png

10.30am ferry from Ullapool to Isle of Lewis

003.jpg

004.jpg

The last picture the old owner took before we took it away

007.png

The car parked up at the hotel

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Saturday morning boarding the 7am ferry from the island to the UK mainland.

012.jpg

013.jpg
014.jpg
015.jpg

016.jpg

Arriving back into Ullapool

017.jpg

019.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

Picture on the last leg home just outside Edinburgh on the M90

026.jpg

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Nice. Like it?

I have driven it around 1/2 a mile and I liked it a lot. So nice to drive and the Recaro seats are so nice even if they are badly burst.

I was not silly, I drove the A3 home with warm heated leather seats and an nice drive in a well built car :yum:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
That is one cracking roadtrip Marc! I love doing trips like this especially when there is a big prize like the liquid yellow at the destination. Car looks incredible and you are well lucky.

My roadtrip with car collection next week:smile: ! cannot wait. See you next weekend Marc.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
That is one cracking roadtrip Marc! I love doing trips like this especially when there is a big prize like the liquid yellow at the destination. Car looks incredible and you are well lucky.

My roadtrip with car collection next week:smile: ! cannot wait. See you next weekend Marc.

See you Saturday :tonguewink::up:

Reactions: Gus

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That's a decent trip you had there.

My other half didn't appreciate what ended up a 6hr trip to get my car.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So I have spent over 4/5 hours today cleaning as much as I could.
The door checks where attacked along with the boot and all the rubbers where scrubbed, As its on an island the sand was all over the car.

This was a few pictures from first thing this morning before I started and it was too dark to take others.
I still have the full inside to do and get clean.

Nice car! What are the plans for it?

Plans for the car are more cosmetic as thats where is struggles.

New Door Handles.
New Front Bumper Grills
New Rear View Mirror
New Scuttle Panel
Replace Recaro Seats
Refit The Standard Airbox

Fit New Discs & Pads All Round
Timingbelt Kit , Aux Kit , Water Pump , Full Service , Gearbox Oil & Brakefluid Change.

LY%20001.jpg

LY%20002.jpg

LY%20003.jpg

LY%20004.jpg

LY%20005.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Love it.

I also love that it was all the way up there! I'd love to visit the Scottish islands.

Is there a Renault dealer on the isle of Lewis or did the previous owner buy it from over here?

I look forward to your progress

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Love it.

I also love that it was all the way up there! I'd love to visit the Scottish islands.

Is there a Renault dealer on the isle of Lewis or did the previous owner buy it from over here?

I look forward to your progress

You won't believe this but YES there is a Renault dealer on there and its tiny (Picture Below)

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 21.06.22.png

My best mate has a cottage up there as he is a game keeper, Its 20mins from Ullapool on the way down the road so we stopped off for lunch.
If you want to see some of the roads and scenery check this video.