ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

part ex 182 for wrx

Clio 200 Cup packed

probably just a phase im goin through, but im considering a new impreza wrx from motopoint, which are priced at 16k and i was wondering what to expect as a trade for my imported 2004/04 clio 182 without cup packs, 6000miles, mint condition (obviously)

i know id be looking at around the 10k mark as a lucky private sale but was wondering what id be looking at trade value?

sorry about the token monthly "whats my car worth" thread

cheers

oh its black gold by the way, ie the fastest colour! :devilish:

[Edited by homerjay on 05 May 2005 at 4:12pm]

Clio 200 Cup packed

ERM, well look at it this way, many people dont like car dealers and prefer dealing with real people, some people dont wanna travel over 40 miles to look at a car therefore the number of cars on autotrader is ONE at £9500 with cup packs but 15000 miles.

anyway i said around 10k and lucky private sale

happy!!!

gees...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I wouldnt expect much from a standard WRX.

Going from a 182 you may even get disapointed. Now if it has the PPP pack you may be ok

Clio 200 Cup packed

im gonna test drive one 1st, i may not even like em, and the ppp pack is only £1600, which i could do at a later date, when i get bored...

According to Parkers,

Average mileage: 10,000 miles

Cost New (04)
£ 14595

Franchised Dealer
£ 13410

Independent Dealer
£ 12300

Private Good
£ 10360

Private Poor
£ 8045

Part Exchange
£ 9155

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Go for a test drive and see what you think! My bros Scooby is certainly fun! :)

Clio 200 Cup packed

cheers max, i thought u had to pay for parkers these days...

tom, i just may well do then, gotta find me a nice dealer now who let me have a decent test drive, then go and buy one somewhere else ;)

i wouldnt even go as far as fun. my mate test drove one and said is was boring as hell and handling was awful. he went for a mitsi evo 6 in the end.

std scoob vs 182 would be quite close when moving...if not 0-60...how many times do you do 0-60 on bends?

Oh, but is its wet.....best be in the scoob...

and if you can at all, possibly, get the type uk (with the big rear spoiler)...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Step dad has a WRX SL, pisses over the clio low down and top end still beats it.

Handling is great, loads less twitchy than the clio.

Also remember that as the motorpoint scoobies are no UK cars they dont have a Cat 1 alarm and other bits n bobs.

172 cup TT

have you seen the news on the home page at the mo.. Subaru are giving free upgrades on new scoobies for a couple of months.. and if the stats AFTER upgrade are to be believed then they are going to be bloody monsters! even the standard WRX!!!!

QUOTE: "Meanwhile, the standard WRX – available in both saloon and 5-door body styles – now has 257 lb-ft of torque, bringing the 0-60 mph time down from 5.6 seconds to 4.8 seconds with 100 mph coming up in 14.1 seconds instead of 15.9 seconds."

Bloody hell!...

Quote: Originally posted by homerjay on 05 May 2005

ERM, well look at it this way, many people dont like car dealers and prefer dealing with real people, some people dont wanna travel over 40 miles to look at a car therefore the number of cars on autotrader is ONE at £9500 with cup packs but 15000 miles.
That was mine :) and its sold now! - 15k miles of love and cherish though!

IMO UK WRXs are nippy but dull without PPP - and you try and get reasonable insurance with the PPP!

Trade price on an imported 182 could be much nearer £8k than you would care to imagine :eek: (especially from Motorpoint)

Matt