ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

passenger footwell leak - gggrrrrrr

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
as title, i have a leak in the passenger footwell, driving me crazy.

if you were sat in the seat the wetest part is right where your right foot would be, next to teh centre consol.

ive checked the sill drains and cleaned out the n/s wheel arch and checked the drain from the scuttle, all seem ok, but i keep getting a wet carpet.

anything ive missed, where else is there to check?

cheers guys.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
if the carpet's wet you have to check under it. I think there is some poly sponge under or smth like that which in your case could be soakin' wet.. left like this it could take ages to dry
A friend has a r27 and after about a week of rain both footwells were absolutely soaking wet, the carpet was damp but under it.. disaster. we squeezed a couple of liters out of those foams easily. He owns a mk II clio as well and had the same problem with it. took a long time for those foams to dry, even taken out of the car.
His r27 only has 4,5k on the clock being the second car, always kept very clean (guy's a detail fanatic) so check the drains regularly, they do clog up very easily

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had a massive puddle in my footwell after accidently ripping out the grommet that fed the rear washer, left a nice hole for water to drain in through, although I doubt its this unless you've stripped the car.

1.2 16v 02 GOLD :)
I had a massive puddle in my footwell after accidently ripping out the grommet that fed the rear washer, left a nice hole for water to drain in through, although I doubt its this unless you've stripped the car.

+1 lol

172 turbo
right under there youve got a plug which is sealed sealent could of come off over time mine did resealed it !