ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger seat airbag and rear seatbelt issues, help please

Arctic 182FF
Last month i hit a kerb rather hard, blowing out 2 tyres and setting off the passenger seat side airbag. Since replacing the tyres and broken wheel i just tucked the airbag back into the seat as a temporary measure until i found another seat. Does anyone know where I could find a cheap seat that would match the pattern design of my car? Also the seat belt pretensioner has snapped at the bottom but still works fine. The rear passenger seat on the left's seatbelt has completely jammed too. Airbag warning light is on, is there any way to disable this? will it just turn off if i replace the seat?

Clio 182 Arctic Blue
i have the exact same problem, fixed the seatbelt, wheel etc. but have the airbag just pushed back in. want to know how easy it is to sort these lights and how much its gonna cost :/

Clio 197 08
All activated parts will need replacing, ensure to get this professionally or make sure battery has been disconnected from the car for ten minutes

The airbag ecu will have a crash code stored in them. U can either take this out yourself and send it to a company off eBay to erase the crash code or go into Renault and they will tell you that you need a new ecu for mega bucks £££££

Arctic 182FF
How did you fix the seatbelt? I've seen someone on eBay who resets the ECU for £30, which would turn off the light

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i could sell you a new airbag ECU for £20 posted ;)

go to a strap yard for the seat and hope to find one thats not gone off.

all the safety equiptment is not designed to be actived more than once so personally id pick up new pretensioners, seatbelts if you want to retain the safety features of the car!!

Arctic 182FF
Struggler I'll get back to you on that, see where i stand after getting the new seat etc. Thanks for the offer

Arctic 182FF
benkay it won't let me see the link you posted, most probably because i'm not a full member yet, how much are you selling them for? Thanks

Arctic 182FF
Getting a new front seat (finally) anyone know if i'd be able to fit it myself or will it need doing professionally? Do i have to replace ECU before replacing the seat? Finally how would I go about replacing the rear seatbelt which has locked up?