ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger Wiper Arm / Spindle / Linkage is loose...

OK chaps so I think I've sussed this but my Trophy passenger wiper has started going beyond the screen and onto the A-pillar, rubbing the paint slightly. I can see there is some play in the wiper and it doesn't sit in the lowest position when the wipers are off.

From all accounts, I understand that the spindle the wiper is sat on is therefore loose and not firmly attached to the linkage underneath?

Assuming I can get the wiper arms off the spindle and the scuttle panel away, what are my options here to fix this issue. I've had three recommendations:

1) Scour eBay and replace the entire linkage (no need to replace the motor)

2) Simply use some JB metal weld epoxy on the join between the spindle and linkage to make this solid again (as it's only originally pressed in)

3) Have someone actually spot weld the spindle and linkage rather than use metal epoxy

Any tips on this? JB weld I'm sure would be enough but I'm not 100% sure on this before I go wrecking the linkage... and then have to go with option 1 anyway! Presumably if I do this, I would tape the windscreen when the wipers are at their base position, weld up the spindle back onto the linkage and then turn wiper on/off before re-attaching the arms so they sit in the same position as before so I know it's set correctly?

Cheers!