ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pattern PH1 Front Shocks

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
My brother bought his PH1 with a stack of history and receipts at the tail end of last year. Car is in pretty good shape barring some odds and sods but it would appear it is wearing positive camber on the front. Not only that but it has pretty much ruined the inside edge of what were a nearly new pair of T1-R's less than 3000 miles ago, indicating lots of toe out.

Upon closer inspection it would appear that it has been fitted with a pair of new non OE front shocks not too long ago and all of the cars recent servicing was done at KTec. In fact Im sure there is a KTec receipt in the stack of paperwork showing two front shocks.
Are they in the habit of fitting non genuine Renault parts to cars?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well i'm not sure if the previous owner was even aware that they were non genuine. Was a 'non forum user' type but the car was always serviced at Ktec under his ownership.

I rang up and ordered a pair of genuine Renault ones today....£29 + VAT each. Was shocked they were that cheap TBH.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Yeah unfortunately so Ryan. Mike took them off last night and said they were pretty worse for wear. Good call on the coilovers....

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Just been sifting through his paperwork. Found the receipt from Ktec dated October last year. Lists two front shocks @ £49.00 each.

SMC Renault have just delivered me a pair @ net price £29.00 each + VAT.

So they did put on a pair of non genuine shocks are charged out the same as Renault list price. Poor form.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
shock.jpg
[/IMG]

Mini Cooper S
What's so wrong about using non-OE shocks? Bilstein/Monroe do some pattern replacements - aren't they both pretty good quality?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well look at it this way, whatever it has on it currently is giving it positive camber.
They definitely aren't Renault branded anywhere i can see, where as the Renault ones I have are very obviously branded!
Proof of the pudding will be in the eating I suspect.

Indeed Nick....Karl sorted me a nice price ;-)