ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC doesn't turn itself off, why?

C4 Grand Picasso
Running XP on an old AMD K6 450mhz. I just replaced the motherboard and done a fresh install. At first I got the 'Now safe to turn off your PC' message so I switched on the Advanced Power Management which usually fixes the problem but now instead of turning off it resets itself and boots up again.

Any ideas would be appreciated, its doing my head in after 2 days of trying to find the answer.

Cheers
Mike.

Some older PC's can't turn themselves off :( but if it's a new motherboard I'd have thought it would be able to cope. You could look for motherboard BIOS updates and see if there are any available, but it's a bit of a long shot really.

C4 Grand Picasso
If I press the button on the case its an instant power off. The motherboard is a second hand one so it could be the case of it not being able to turn itself off. I'll try Telfords link first then try a bios update.

Thanks for the help guys,
Mike.