ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Game Graphics

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I have been playing War Thunder for a while now,but now the graphics have dropped res!.i have done no changes to my laptop & have done a routine update & with the game.
The in game menus look all fine as normal but then gameplay & background graphics are rubbish now,they have gone all block like.
I have tried my best to fix this but im not to hot with computers.

It does come up with this tho with the texture quality..
IMG_0786.JPG

Here are some more photos of what i mean,sorry for the quality as taken with my phone.
IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

Thanks

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Has the resolution actually dropped?! Or are the texture simply looking blockier? If the texture quality / resolution has dropped due to the lack of video memory then it may well look blockier. What laptop and graphics card are you using?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
If it was fine before then has there been a recent update to the game or even your graphics driver?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah was all fine before and each i go on my laptop it automatically does a update/patch for the game and also every so often the laptop does it own update.

Looks blockier mate and the menus in the game and all the title stuff is fine,its jus tin gameplay and in the background on the game menu if you know what i mean.
I dont know what graphics card it is apart from its got a INTEL INSIDE CORE 15 if that means anything?.like i said im not to hot with computers just know how to use the internet and basic stuff.

@SharkyUK

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Did you have the texture quality warning before or has this started recently along with the problems? I'm wondering if a recent update has 'upgraded' the game graphics and just raised the requirements a touch higher than your system can handle (or could previously handle). As Daz says, it very much suggests a recent update has caused this but it's hard to say what exactly.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So its gone back to being crap again!.

I think i need a better video card high performance one?,any help with what to get please as have no idea what to look for or get

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
If your laptop doesn’t have a dedicated graphics card then, unfortunately, it’s highly unlikely that you can put one in.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
@Daz... has pretty much spelt it out. There's very little you can do really. I would forget external / portable GPU options as they are very expensive and don't work as well as the 'regular' plugin cards.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Apologies if I've overlooked the specs of your laptop, but as a looooong shot, you might have both CPU and dedicated graphics on that laptop?

The newer generations of Intel processors have graphics (GPU) abilities built into them. Normally, for the likes of Microsoft Office, web browsing etc, they are more than up to the task - meaning that less power is used instead of powering a dedicated graphics card to do the same thing. It also frees up space within the laptop case for other functions and components.

Are you familiar with the Display Adapters screen within Control Panel? If you expand the menu like on my work PC below, you can see that there's two graphics adapters:-

upload_2017-11-9_7-9-10.png

There's a chance that after the recent War Thunder update that the game has defaulted to the Intel CPU graphics and is ignoring the more powerful, dedicated card. In that instance, usually there's an option within the Graphics/Video settings of the game that shows the Primary Adapter or 'GFX card in Use' - something like that. If you have more than one option, there's usually a drop-down list to choose from.

Like I said initially, it's a long shot - but certainly worth looking into. I've had that happen to me in the past - but it could be that the developers of War Thunder have simply upped the requirements and hardware demands in the recent patch, as @SharkyUK mentioned earlier?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Apologies if I've overlooked the specs of your laptop, but as a looooong shot, you might have both CPU and dedicated graphics on that laptop?

The newer generations of Intel processors have graphics (GPU) abilities built into them. Normally, for the likes of Microsoft Office, web browsing etc, they are more than up to the task - meaning that less power is used instead of powering a dedicated graphics card to do the same thing. It also frees up space within the laptop case for other functions and components.

Are you familiar with the Display Adapters screen within Control Panel? If you expand the menu like on my work PC below, you can see that there's two graphics adapters:-

View attachment 1344122

There's a chance that after the recent War Thunder update that the game has defaulted to the Intel CPU graphics and is ignoring the more powerful, dedicated card. In that instance, usually there's an option within the Graphics/Video settings of the game that shows the Primary Adapter or 'GFX card in Use' - something like that. If you have more than one option, there's usually a drop-down list to choose from.

Like I said initially, it's a long shot - but certainly worth looking into. I've had that happen to me in the past - but it could be that the developers of War Thunder have simply upped the requirements and hardware demands in the recent patch, as @SharkyUK mentioned earlier?
This is what I was getting at above