ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Modem help and OMNIPASS

Bumder With A Buffer
A friend of the family gave asked me to have a look at her PC as its really really slow apparently.

Booted it up and notice in the bottom righthand corner some software called OMNIPASS. What is it and what does it do anyone know??

She is an old dear and has a BT voyager 150 modem and to get onto the internet has to click on an icon on the desktop to connect to the net.. ISP is AOL (Technically Talk Talk??) I haven't had to do that for years!

Is there a way to get it to connect upto the net without going through that process??

Im running Spybot and Malwarebytes to remove any suspicious bits and pieces....touch wood nothing found yet

Clio RS200
Google search

Are you talking about OmniPass Client Edition? It's a secure sign-in and password management program, it seems. It does offer
icon1.png
import of existing passwords. That probably means it can read the "encrypted" passwords saved by Windows itself. If you're letting Windows save passwords for you, well, malicious software can read those too. I don't know for sure, but it is conceivable that if somebody else installed OmniPass on your system and used its import feature *and* you have your passwords stored by Windows, they might get your passwords. But if someone else has the unrestricted access to your computer needed to make that installation, you have much bigger problems.

Bumder With A Buffer
Google search

Are you talking about OmniPass Client Edition? It's a secure sign-in and password management program, it seems. It does offer
icon1.png
import of existing passwords. That probably means it can read the "encrypted" passwords saved by Windows itself. If you're letting Windows save passwords for you, well, malicious software can read those too. I don't know for sure, but it is conceivable that if somebody else installed OmniPass on your system and used its import feature *and* you have your passwords stored by Windows, they might get your passwords. But if someone else has the unrestricted access to your computer needed to make that installation, you have much bigger problems.

Yes I have found that.

My issue is not being able to uninstall it (its not under add/remove) or find it in the registry