ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pc new build help

ff 182
i was in to pc gaming about 6-7 years ago, and new what was what so to speak in terms of componenets.but got no idea on todays hardware..thing is i have £1300 to spend on a new base unit will be needing every thing including windows.any ideas on what cpu,gpu,mb,ram ect...do i go sli or single?...any help will be much appreciated.....will be used just for gaming

Not a 320d
I chose an i5 750 last year over an i7 920 despite the fact the i7 was £20 more, because i didnt want to pay the extra for Tri channel ram.....

I run an i5 750 @4GHz and 8GB of DDR3 Dual Gskill ripjaw along with a 5870.

Used to have it running 4.2 but i removed turbo boost, didnt seem to make any differece.

ff 182
k thanks any ideas on the mobo, ram ,power supply, tower..also dunno weather to go sli or single.what you think? +whats the best os to go for now windows 7 vista xp.sorry for the needy questions but realy dont have a clue on todays specs

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Windows 7, don't bother with Vista. If I were you I'd go with a single 580 GTX, it will have enough power for most games.