ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's just not true though is it?

You can take an entire enemy clip in the chest and just run off inside a building.

You might as well play Halo FFS.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've never survived a full enemy clip, ever. Maybe you find the game too hard?

I personally found Hardcore mode easier (when my own team mates weren't killing me), but each to their own.

As Geordie said the spot marker doesn't appear after a certain distance anyway, can't see anyone reaching over 700/800m on hardcore mode never mind the distances we reach on "Barbie" mode. ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Don't forget that you have a lower damage threshold too lol.

Its not like all enemies are easier to kill.

Realism FTW. You wouldn't take hits in real life like you would in Barbie mode.

Maybe real life war is too easy. FLOL.

Mk2 ph1 clio
If I wanted realism i'd join the army, I want a fun game to play. Barbie mode is fun for me.

Lol @ the headshots ... Dave got a 750m headshot with a tank flol! What a legend.

RS250 Megane
I've only ever played hardcore. Was the same for BF:BC2 as well.

Just don't get any enjoyment from Barbie mode. Pumping someone with half a mag and then they turn round and shoot you. Love that.
And the enemy team being spotted. As said before, might as well go play COD/Halo.

AK

M240i
[h=6]The Xbox 360 Battlefield 3 patch will be released April 3rd between 9 AM UTC and 1 PM UTC via Xbox LIVE. The patch includes fixes, tweaks, and updates as well as introducing rentable dedicated servers to the Xbox 360. Full details and patch notes are available at the Battlefield blog:http://blogs.battlefield.com/?p=3497[/h]

Evo 5 RS
BF2 Hardcore worked, nothing else does.

I was playing Battlefield before you lot even knew how to left click, no god damn respect these days.

;).

Chriiiiiis. Aim for the head then! Everything about 'Barbie' mode means you have to be more self aware. Makes you play harder and concentrate more, it honestly does. Besides you can join servers with modified damage so that you do take less shots.

You can spot people in the original Operation Flash Point. A game which the US army actually-used to train troops. If you want a war sim play that or Arma. Battlefield is definitely NOT a simulation and taking away all the team elements of the game simply makes it a free for all open world CoD. IT'S GAY

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The Xbox 360 Battlefield 3 patch will be released April 3rd between 9 AM UTC and 1 PM UTC via Xbox LIVE. The patch includes fixes, tweaks, and updates as well as introducing rentable dedicated servers to the Xbox 360. Full details and patch notes are available at the Battlefield blog:http://blogs.battlefield.com/?p=3497

Its going to be emotional downloading that lol, its going to take forever......

AK

M240i
What size is it? I didn't read the article and it's blocked at work.

Not sure on this rent a server malarky, doubt I'd use it, unless we could get a massive CS game going.

AK

M240i
It should be about 1GB minimum.

They'll have included most of the data for the Close Quarters DLC and then when it's released it'll just be an unlock you'll download.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah as said, you can rent servers for a certain amount of money.

Starting today, you can rent your own Battlefield 3 server on PS3! This option is available from the “RENT A SERVER” menu and gives you a lot of exciting new options that the community has been asking for.

Having your own server gives you the power to create your personal gaming experience. You can either tweak every setting or choose a preset configuration and publish your server in just a few seconds.

What maps and modes do you want to play? Do you want to show the mini map or not? Do you want to turn off HUD elements and tweak respawn times and tickets? You can rent your server for 1, 7, 30, or 90 days starting today. Customize your server by giving it a name, description and custom logo.

Please note that in order to provide a robust and stable experience, we will be rolling out this functionality incrementally throughout the following week. This means we will have limited availability today, ramping up towards maximum capability in about one week’s time. If you try and rent a server and the option is grayed out, it means we are currently at peak capacity. If so, please try again later, as we will ramp up capacity every day.

Pricing for renting your own server is $1.49 / $6.99 / $24.99 / $64.99 (for 1, 7, 30, and 90 days).

I know for a fact that on the EA BF3 forums there are guys who have rented a server and are playing 24 hour Conquest games between them for members of their clan. That's one hell of a sure fire way to bump your points tally up.

A Cliosport server would be great and I'd certainly chip in, but it's getting the people together to be able to have it functioning when needed.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think in a way it ruins the game by people boosting etc, but the handy bit is being able to kick people out of the game. Which would have been handy for me last night as there were a group of noobs spawning on each other blowing up our aircraft before they took off. Seriously annoying.

I've been involved in setting up a server (BF2) and it's tricky. Your problem is that no one joins an empty server so you need plenty of people to "seed" it (No one joins a server with 2 people pottering about on it either). If you're sure you have enough CS people to seed the server and get it rolling it's actually great fun having your own server to play with. Throw out the maps you don't like, boot the guys griefing or Teamkilling, tweak the server settings to your own liking.

Our server ended up being busy on the nights we could all get our s**t together and organise a game but the rest of the time it sat empty. We sacked it off after a while and just invaded other peoples servers en masse.

Will try getting back on to this later. Has there been any new maps, and how do you download them on Xbox? I have the ltd edition if that helps!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No new maps apart from the Back to Karkand DLC.

I was playing on the patched game last night. Conquest server, 500 tickets looping on Operation Metro. Played about 4 games which lasted a good while. It would be quite easy to pick up massive points on these new servers.

Oh and the Famas recoil is mental, even with iron sights.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's still useable but it's a lot harder to control, even with the foregrip which a lot of folk are now saying is pointless. Seems to rally through bullets quicker too.

Yeah, the 500 tickets thing was crazy. I'm not sure it was 500 though, more like 650/700. The games lasted ages too.

Just as I was getting to grips with the Famas they go and change it. Annoying. I'll have to get the patch downloaded ASAP.

That does sound mental. Was that on a server which someone has rented?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just as I was getting to grips with the Famas they go and change it. Annoying. I'll have to get the patch downloaded ASAP.

That does sound mental. Was that on a server which someone has rented?

I think so. I went to server browser and DICE have some "Epic" servers which I tried to enter but they were full. I noticed one titled "500 tickets Conquest", looked at the spec and saw it was Operation Metro constantly looping. It had 24/24 so I joined the queue and was put in after about 40 seconds. Had 4 or so games last up to 2 hours I'd say.

What gun you been using since the patch Scutchy?

Your mic working yet?

Was using the Famas mate, but then switching between Engineer class (which isn't that great on Operation Metro as there's no vehicles) with the G36C and the Support class with the M249. Famas still worked well but like I say the recoil has altered it now. Lot of folk are saying it's like it should be in reality - ie French sh*t as it was way overpowered to start with.