ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Integra Type-R DC2
Im with Darren. Its only in the last 3 years ive played on consoles. Mouse and keyboard is ideal for shooters, plus you get the 64 player maps, whereas consoles only get 32. I played BF2 religiously for a long time and it was awesome, albeit a bit nerdy. Sorry to say, but if you ever want to really 'get' Battlefield, it has to be with 64 players, a good bunch of co-ordinated team players and on a PC.

Take it from me, ive done both and the PC version will always be a better experience.

/geek.

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah but that is no reason to shell out £xxx amount of money when I'm perfectly content with console gaming.

By not doing so, I won't be swayed and out of pocket.

LOL.

Integra Type-R DC2
Oh yeah, dont get me wrong, id never go back to a PC. Consoles are easier and cheaper which is what changed my mind, but it is that bit better on a PC.

Integra Type-R DC2
A German gaming mag has had a brief hands on with a build of the game...

bf3screenshot1.jpg

bf3screenshot2.jpg

bf3screenshot4.jpg

• Aiming for Fall 2011 release
  • 4 classes
  • Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
  • Frostbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written
  • Lighting sounds neat, one “probe” contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.
  • Level destruction is going to be “believable” but basically everything is destructible.
  • Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
  • AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
  • No more “gliding” animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
  • Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
  • Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
  • Plan on better, more immediate post release content
  • More unlocks than Bad Company 2
  • Dice trying to find a good balance between customization
  • of your character and not having “pink rabbit hat(s)”
  • Will have co-op
  • There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off
  • BF3?s team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
  • They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.
  • Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah (Iraqi Kurdistan).
  • Will be M rated
  • PC version is lead version
  • No mod tools at release.
Source:
http://bf3nation.com/2011/02/first-battlefield-3-screenshots-gameinformer-exclusive/

Last edited:
  Integra Type-R DC2
Using the same animation engine as FIFA11 is going to make things look pretty damn awesome.

Doubt rainbow kick will be an option though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Using the same animation engine as FIFA11 is going to make things look pretty damn awesome.

Doubt rainbow kick will be an option though.

Oh I don't know. Might be quite impressive firing a grenade using that move! :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That really does look stunning. Look at those buildings in the bottom picture. That's a lot of hiding places! Call in the tanks! :cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
A German gaming mag has had a brief hands on with a build of the game...

Source:
http://bf3nation.com/2011/02/first-battlefield-3-screenshots-gameinformer-exclusive/

^^^ - some great pointers in there. A little miffed at the just '4 classes' again - I really did prefer multiple class types rather than 'one-man-army' classes of the more recent games. Customisation trying to keep away from pink rabbit hats? Me-ow - take note of that Valve! :)

BF3 team's double that of BFBC2? Should have plenty of additions thrown in then? Nice to see that the PC version is to take the lead too. I'm guessing with the brand new Frostbite 2 engine, that it will be much easier to take advantage of the multiple cores, multiple gfx cards of mid to high end PCs.

Better audio cues. Is this the return of the commo rose?!! :)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Same here. I'm on 33 at the moment. It requires more and more points between rank, too. Not a chance.

Just on 35 myself m8. Every now and then I get a 'spike' in the points. Picked up nearly 12k in one game alone the other night, including that 100 grenade kills one you got the other week.

Also just spotted a AH-6 Little Bird in Josh's third pic above. Fecking awesome if you get to pilot those! /small geek

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, the downside to those pics is that they are clearly single player, so multi-floor and room buildings like that probably won't make the multiplayer, anyway. The vehicles certainly should, though,

Integra Type-R DC2
^^^ - some great pointers in there. A little miffed at the just '4 classes' again - I really did prefer multiple class types rather than 'one-man-army' classes of the more recent games. Customisation trying to keep away from pink rabbit hats? Me-ow - take note of that Valve! :)

BF3 team's double that of BFBC2? Should have plenty of additions thrown in then? Nice to see that the PC version is to take the lead too. I'm guessing with the brand new Frostbite 2 engine, that it will be much easier to take advantage of the multiple cores, multiple gfx cards of mid to high end PCs.

Better audio cues. Is this the return of the commo rose?!! :)

D.

I think what that's getting at is the Dev team is twice the size. Hard to figure out really a this has all been typed out by some guy in Germany who bought the mag, typed out snippets of info and scanned the pictures. It could mean f**k all.

Gonna see if i can find a more reliable source.

Integra Type-R DC2
One final snippet of info, GamespyAus compiled info from the Dev's tweets and made a list of info that they provided.

-Yes, there will be spotting.
-Dolphin Diving is out. Period.
-Vehicle/Infantry balance is a focus for me, it will be awesome this time.
-No plans for ziplines or grapple hooks no.
-Yes, prone is on all platforms.
-BF3 will be deeper than BF2. That said we've paid a lot of attention to keeping depth while pacing the learning curve.
-BF3 is the sequel to BF2. It's not BC3.
-Friendly Fire will be an option, yes.
-No comment on commander.
-Yes, there is bullet drop. Doesn't work the same as BC2 though, it's a much deeper system.
-No, no tracer darts. That's a bit too BC and not enough BF.
-No, I won't confirm any vehicles from the teaser.
-One of the cities is Tehran... Yes, yes there will be sand.

I can practically hear Darren jizz in his pants at the thought of no tracer darts.

Integra Type-R DC2
Did a bit of work and beta testing on this mod, back in the early days. Top, top quality and highly recommended for anyone whos still playing BF2. Wish I still had a PC to try the latest build.

[youtube]g3uZpVWCZts[/youtube]

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So what are the differences between BF2 and Bad Company 2? I haven't played any other BF games but Bad Company.

BC2 looks prettier, couldnt get into it myself. Didn't seem as well thought out as BF2. Not sure if BC2 had planes and that? I never found any while i was playing.

BF2 just worked, it was amazingly simple and fun with decent game play.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
If "bringing the rain" is simply enough in an apache what the hells it gonna be like in a jet!?

I can't wait to get my hands on one of em!

Assuming there's gonna be SAM sites and not just flack/40MM cannons though?

Ooooooooh it's gonna be a good game!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Haha yeah. This guy was clearly an animal :

ronin0033.jpg

58 days.

Probably played in vehicles or as a camping sniper for the most part. My average lifespan is around 76secs in BC2 at the minute - and I'm a definite vehicle wh0re. That said, did he ever actually fire when he was driving a vehicle?? ;)

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Cannot wait for this. I would quite like a more modern setting, had enough of conventional weapons, yet don't necessarily want sci-fi. Something in the middle would be good!

If "bringing the rain" is simply enough in an apache what the hells it gonna be like in a jet!?

I can't wait to get my hands on one of em!

Assuming there's gonna be SAM sites and not just flack/40MM cannons though?

Ooooooooh it's gonna be a good game!

In BF2 there was 'stingers' that locked onto air craft and other bits and bobs.

Integra Type-R DC2
Cannot wait for this. I would quite like a more modern setting, had enough of conventional weapons, yet don't necessarily want sci-fi. Something in the middle would be good!

So you want guns, that arent guns, but arent ray guns...?

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes basically. I'm thinking more along the lines of modern auto guns - high accuracy, low recoil, scope attachments, smart ammo etc. Then vehicles like next gen APCs and tanks, or imagined technology of the next 10 years - rather than 50 years away.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yes basically. I'm thinking more along the lines of modern auto guns - high accuracy, low recoil, scope attachments, smart ammo etc. Then vehicles like next gen APCs and tanks, or imagined technology of the next 10 years - rather than 50 years away.

^^^ - that's why I don't understand why a lot of players shunned the weaponry in BF2142? No lasers or energy beams - everything was based on ballistic weaponry. You had the option of secondary fire of shotgun rounds or rockets. Standard grenades, EMP grenades, sniper rifles, hover tanks. Nothing that was REALLY out there. Even the gunships and troop transports acted like glorified helos of today. It was future. But not too distant future.

D.

Integra Type-R DC2

I was gonna say, theyve already made that game, its called BF2142. LOL.

Evo 8 MR
I do miss BF2.

They will never make a game as good as Battlefield 2 ever again imo.

I can't stand the frostbite engine so I doubt I will like BF3.

It was a bad move removing jets from the series just becuase they were "surprised at how good people were at using them". That may be the case but it certainly took a lot of skill.

The thing is, DICE got bought out by EA, that's when they're games went downhill for me. They were forced to focus on developing the Battlefield series on consoles = end of Battlefield as we know it.

I do agree though, those two vids posted above makes me feel really nostalgic.

Last edited: