ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i need to be see more vids but that looks sweet, if this comes across to be like BF2142 i'll c@m my pants. You know how it is Darren S :)

It won't look anything like that on consols if they wan't to aim for a full 60fps!

I'm cumming my pants thinking about it.

Today at GDC some footage was released.

Tenting much? It's going to blow CoD.

Last edited by a moderator:
  LY 182
Fack me that looks amazing. Might be time to break my BF virginity. I do fear I'll completely lose my social life though... :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Today at GDC some footage was released.

Tenting much? It's going to blow CoD.

O

M

F

G!

Bring it on COD. Just how the fcuk are you going to compete with gameplay like that? Sorry? Increase the number of guns to 2,542? Oh? And there's more? Ah, there's 5 seperate achievements now for just joining a game? I see.... ;)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Check this out before EA no doubt remove it :

Awesome.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The lighting effects and destruction of pretty much everything is fantastic. Looks like it's all well under way, too. Autumn can't come quickly enough. I'd have liked to reach rank 50 on BC2 first, but there's no chance of that. The ranking up markers just get higher and higher.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The lighting effects and destruction of pretty much everything is fantastic. Looks like it's all well under way, too. Autumn can't come quickly enough. I'd have liked to reach rank 50 on BC2 first, but there's no chance of that. The ranking up markers just get higher and higher.

Same here m8. I think I'll make do with just reaching Rank 40! :)

D.

Check this out before EA no doubt remove it :

Awesome.

Yes, yes, ye-hes! The sound effects on that are pretty damn awesome. Love the firing smoke from the HMG sequence - good attention to detail there.

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It looks incredible. BF games always were better than CoD, IMO. But I find the current CoD games more fun than BF2.

This looks like the best of both though!

Mito Sportiva 135
The lead developer in an interview is saying he hopes BF becomes the new COD, as they have got lazy and resting on past achievements. He is right, BF is so much better. I'm still playing BC2 now, after I've stopped MW2 and BOs.

Mito Sportiva 135
Saw you online yesterday Scutch and was going to invite you but you were on Conquest and I play Rush. Got 33:11 though on foot (e.g. no vehicles)! Was just on fire!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I was trying to find out more about this today and it's not even gonna be out till next year. Beta is aimed for October this year. There's mw3 in-between now and then plus another COD. I hope they f**king add diagonal running in this time the stupid American buggers.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...n-on-360-and-ps3-but-still-amazing-says-dice/

He added: "There's going to be unique features on the PC version of this game, some of which I think people are going to be very pleased about. I can't reveal all of them... but I can reveal that there will be a lot of extra love put into the PC version of this product."

About time PC gamers got something special!
Damn console faggots :rasp:

(Ignore the fact that I may have linked my gamertag to my CS account ;))

EDIT:
Also loving how this game is shaping up!
Looks like its going to be a good'un, and I hope so as I loved playing BF2 + BC2!

Mito Sportiva 135
Tempting to buy a new PC just to play this on, I wantthe max experience, could happilly play this for ages.

Having said that this should see me through to the new xbox in a coule of years time!

Battlefield games have always been built for PC and should be experiances on the PC. PCs are still generation a head of consols, about time they stopped producing shitty ports.

Mito Sportiva 135
Well I think when you say "always" I think you mean "always have been" e.g. in the past. Face it, the console market is significantly larger than the PC gaming market and it they can steal even a third of the COD sales then they will prioritise console development over PC.

They won't alienate PC gamers but you can already see in BC2 things have been streamlined for consoles - I imagine Battlefield 3 will continue that trend.

BC2 was just showing off Frost Bite 1.5.

I wouldn't say Consols have a much bigger market, people just like the convenience.

Microsoft have sold just over 40 million consols. I'm hazarding a guess that a fair few million of them are replacements for RROD ;)

Then you look at PC gaming...

Steam currently has 30 million active accounts, each account has access to over 1200 game.

Theres not much in it. PC gaming will always be far superior to consol gaming in every way shape and form.

BF3 wont follow suit of BC2. You will find that consol versions will have less features, because it's being built primarily for PC gamers and then ported and stripped down so consol gamers can play it. Not the other way around etc.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If console gamers ignore the PC version and it's features, they won't be missing out.

I have no idea of the differences between the Battlefield games on PC and consoles, and for that reason, I really have no point in caring.

Can't wait for this on 360.