ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

172 Cup
Re: Battlefield 3

EA must be really desperate to shift copies of MOH if they're resorting to offering invites to a Beta sometime in the next 12 months.

Octy VRS

I couldn't give a s**t as I won't be buying MOH until it's a tenner. BF3 will be a whole new experience if any other BF games are anything to go by. Frostbite 2.0 sounds like it's going to be a good addition.

Bus w**ker

God I've been waiting for BF3 for f**king years now. Honestly didn't think it would happen. Awesome.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Good to see the MP-7 is there again on MoH. I used that to death on BF2 - can't remember if it was the engineer or anti-tank unlock though.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135

What is different between Bad Company and the "main" series? Bad Company is pretty realistic when I got it I thought it might be an OTT alternative as Red Alert is to Command & Conquer.

Clio 182

What is different between Bad Company and the "main" series? Bad Company is pretty realistic when I got it I thought it might be an OTT alternative as Red Alert is to Command & Conquer.

Dont think there is much different anymore. BF used to be the PC game and BC was the console version but they have changed that with the last release and also BF3 looks like it will be multi platform. Hopefully BF3 will be bigger with bigger maps, planes and the usual stuff from BF2.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
BATTLEFIELD 3 - DEVELOPED BY DICE AND ELECTRONIC ARTS

71067_400x230_3_ALL_SE.jpg

Battlefield 3 allows you to feel the full impact of battle like never before. Powered by Frostbite 2, the next generation of DICE’s cutting-edge gaming engine, Battlefield 3 delivers spectacular visuals, earth-shattering destruction and real as hell combat gameplay providing a dramatic immersive First Person Shooter experience. One moment you may be marching down a hilltop listening to the hypnotic sound of a firefight in the distance or admiring the way the light reflects off the smoke plumes of ground to air missiles rising from the city you’re about to engage. The next you’re on an urban street, surrounded, claustrophobic, fighting for your life and looking eight ways at once with all your senses on high alert, chilled at the knowledge that the building you’re hiding behind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Welcome to Battlefield 3.

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York

Battlefield 3 features:

• Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
  • Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.
  • Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.
  • Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

CXRfU.png

Official Teaser Trailer:

Official Site:

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
64 Players (on PC), Jets, Co-Op and Prone position:

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

From the Official Battlefield Blog.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

cant wait for this game, ever since playing bf2 i have been hooked on battlefield games so much better than COD.

anyone play BC2 on PC?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've never played Battlefield series before, but the description of the game sounds qualo.

Focus ST170
Bad company 2 = Best shooter out there at the moment.
But this looks like its going to be very good indeed..

Thanks for the linking Mr Scutch!

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

cant wait for this game, ever since playing bf2 i have been hooked on battlefield games so much better than COD.

anyone play BC2 on PC?

Darren S does on here. Check out the huge Bad Company 2 thread, mate :cool:

BC 2 was too bloated to be as good as BF2, i hope BF3 is as good as 2... would give me a decent reason to upgrade the PC (As thats how it should be played).

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member

Dont think there is much different anymore. BF used to be the PC game and BC was the console version but they have changed that with the last release and also BF3 looks like it will be multi platform. Hopefully BF3 will be bigger with bigger maps, planes and the usual stuff from BF2.

All PC games are becoming console ports. So most are going to be Multiplatform nowadays!
If you can find me one being made soley for the PC I will eat something a human being probably shouldnt. (Excluding "recent-ish" releases, eg Crysis)
There is a much larger market for console gaming, and thus is where the monies is.
No-one cares about PC geeks anymore!

It's not that no one cares for the pc geeks, its just that the console gimps have to subsidise their gaming as 99% of them.would rather not pay.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Think there's more news coming either today or tomorrow.

I've no idea how the jets will work in the game. The maps must be f*cking HUGE.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
  Octy VRS
Lol, no worries mate I was only joking. Cheers Revels.

I wonder if you will start levels from aircraft carriers like BF2 and 1943. That was good way to get an early flag capture parachuting out over a base.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've only played BC2 so I'm a Battlefield n00b, really.

Bad Company 2 was also the first MP game I've played. 270 hours later...

Octy VRS
F*cking spiders 270 hrs! I really want to get back into it just never have the time, after getting all excited about Vietnam I haven't touched it yet.

I like to see what they will change dynamically from the Bad Company series for this.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully they have learnt from the Pwn-Plane from BF2 - which was the Chinese J-10. That thing was just too good compared to the other jets. They also need to add decent amounts of AA - something which is severely lacking from some BC2 maps where the choppers can fire from range with impunity.

The lying prone addition is a good one - especially if they make it semi-realistic and it takes a few secs to go down/get up from it.

But the final part I'm hoping for is the large selection of classes. It really does promote an extra criteria of team play when there are a wide range of class types - rather than just the four from the likes of BC2 and BF2142. BF2 had 7 iirc and it was much better for it, imo.

anyone play BC2 on PC?

Darren S does on here. Check out the huge Bad Company 2 thread, mate :cool:

Yep sbridgey - I'm on there. Same in-game name as my Steam account to the left. :)

Currently on Rank 35 at the minute - I'm committed to getting to Rank 50!

D.

Last edited:
It has to be played on a PC tbh.

Could use keyboard/mouse aswell as joystick etc for flying planes.

Maps were massive in BF2, planes were fun.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Console all the way for me. Mainly because :

a) My laptop isn't a games machine.
b) I prefer using a pad
c) All my friends are on XBL and/or PSN, so much better MP experience.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Console all the way for me. Mainly because :

a) My laptop isn't a games machine.
b) I prefer using a pad
c) All my friends are on XBL and/or PSN, so much better MP experience.

Scutch, Scutch, Scutch. Seriously - try to get on a PC running keyboard and mouse. It's like comparing a bag of chips to an exquisite five-course meal. The tiny and precise inputs available to a K&M player, make using a pad seem clumsy and really quite frustrating. It's annoying as hell for me using a pad in an FPS game as the fluidity just isn't there. It feels like its all harsh inputs - and those inputs are directly potrayed on the screen.

I wish all consoles issued a keyboard and mouse as a standard option! :)

D.

Megane 230 R26 '08
BF BC 2 is brilliant, much prefer it to Black ops and MOH, BUT online you have to be part of a good TEAM for your in sh1t!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Scutch, Scutch, Scutch. Seriously - try to get on a PC running keyboard and mouse. It's like comparing a bag of chips to an exquisite five-course meal. The tiny and precise inputs available to a K&M player, make using a pad seem clumsy and really quite frustrating. It's annoying as hell for me using a pad in an FPS game as the fluidity just isn't there. It feels like its all harsh inputs - and those inputs are directly potrayed on the screen.

I wish all consoles issued a keyboard and mouse as a standard option! :)

D.

Well, the truth is I have never tried a keyboard and mouse. It just all seems like it will be far too responsive and then having to work out the keys to map everything. Pad has it all set out as it's purely a games pad, so that's it's purpose.