ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Played this for the first time last night, found it hard work tbh. Reminded me a lot of medal of honour which I hated. Will persist but my gaming heart still lies with mw2 lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm looking forward to getting back into this when Skyrim boredom kicks in. So, 2014 then...

Will have my new X41 headphones too, which arrived a few days ago. Waiting till Christmas sucks though.

Integra Type-R DC2
LOOL all that time developing new maps, and by the looks of it the old ones are gonna be by far the best.

Lay off the crack. Wake Island is the iconic map of the series, I must of played every incarnation of it and it never gets old. Oman and Karkand are both f**king ace.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Lay off the crack. Wake Island is the iconic map of the series, I must of played every incarnation of it and it never gets old. Oman and Karkand are both f**king ace.

you need to reread what he's said.

hes saying the new karkland maps (which are old maps) are the best ones

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Going to pick this up tomorrow. No idea what online is like as I've only played the campaign on the PC. Getting it for the 360.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
LOOL all that time developing new maps, and by the looks of it the old ones are gonna be by far the best.

I know where you're coming from. The Gulf of Oman and Karkand were epic maps on BF2. For some reason, I'm having trouble liking BF3 online - so much so that I'm rarely going back to it (unheard of for me with a Battlefield game). I'm hoping that jumping into maps that I know well, will spark my interest in going online again?

D.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Getting more in to this. Im focusing more on team work, getting the objectives etc. Intially i was playing like i was some kind of hero, that didnt work lol. Although im only going evens or a couple of kills over deaths, points is where its at. And unlocking more stuff for the guns helps massively. Love it.

1.8 Civic EX
finished the campaign on hard last night. Was too easy tbh :( a couple of frustraiting moments but nothing too challenging. Although I did enjoy the story to it which makes a change as normally with FPSers I don't follow the story at all and just run about shooting everything till the end of each mission lol

Time to go through on easy and pick up the last few achievments before jumping back online as only put about 7-8hours into online so far iirc.

I know where you're coming from. The Gulf of Oman and Karkand were epic maps on BF2. For some reason, I'm having trouble liking BF3 online - so much so that I'm rarely going back to it (unheard of for me with a Battlefield game). I'm hoping that jumping into maps that I know well, will spark my interest in going online again?

D.

EXACTLY what I feel like. Spent hours on BF 1942, BF2 and BF2142, but with this I rarely play it anymore tbh. Can't get hooked on it.
Am looking forward to the back to Karkand maps. Wake and Karkand I played religiously. I just hope the destruction and tweaks they've made don't have a negative effect on how the maps play.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had a quick go on the new Oman last night and it was pretty good. Will get a good few hours in tomorrow :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
EXACTLY what I feel like. Spent hours on BF 1942, BF2 and BF2142, but with this I rarely play it anymore tbh. Can't get hooked on it.
Am looking forward to the back to Karkand maps. Wake and Karkand I played religiously. I just hope the destruction and tweaks they've made don't have a negative effect on how the maps play.

Another epic map, imo.

All they need to do now is to find a reason to revamp the El Alamein map from the original BF1942 game and I would be immersed in FPS awesomeness. :)

D.

koi

Audi S1
Tried playing this online and kept getting killed, need to get used to the controls doing campaign mode before going online again

Another epic map, imo.

All they need to do now is to find a reason to revamp the El Alamein map from the original BF1942 game and I would be immersed in FPS awesomeness. :)

D.

+1!!! Awesome map . As I said as long as they haven't modified them or the destruction means they've made them worse.
I did spend a lot of time on Karkand infantry only actually, wonder what it'll be like in 3.

Evo 5 RS
Me. Need to install the 4gb update when I get back from US. Jets and helis take one stinger again now, woo. Oh and they've finally nerfed the fleshlight I hear.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
now having played this and mw3 i now dont play fps anymore. they are both s**t. having been addicted to fps for years i wouldn't put my name to either through sheer embarassment.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I just can't understand how two huge gaming companies can go backwards. Bf3 could be a great game but it's riddled with faults that bc2 didn't have, mw3 is just the worst game I've probably ever seen. Lol it's like going back in time to that game where you have a brick and it bounces off one to another until one misses. Lol