ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Clio 1.2 16v
BC2 probably had issues too though Kev, and dice are already working on another huge patch so i'd imagine it'l get there in the end. Not that I don't love the game and think it's awesome in every way

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I just can't understand how two huge gaming companies can go backwards. Bf3 could be a great game but it's riddled with faults that bc2 didn't have, mw3 is just the worst game I've probably ever seen. Lol it's like going back in time to that game where you have a brick and it bounces off one to another until one misses. Lol

Lol. I know what you mean. BF3 isn't as good as BC2. And arguably, BC2 isn't as good as BF2. What concerns me the most is the creeping invasiveness of COD elements into the BF franchise - namely the amount of unlocks and achievements. The gulf between the have and have-nots is really quite pathetic unless you dedicate shitloads of hours into it. I must complete every round with about 7 or 8 ribbons and a raft of 'achievements'. Why? It doesn't need it. Keep the gameplay simple, focused and tactical FFS.

It won't be long before an FPS exists with 500 so-called 'ranks' in it. Utterly pointless.

D.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. I know what you mean. BF3 isn't as good as BC2. And arguably, BC2 isn't as good as BF2. What concerns me the most is the creeping invasiveness of COD elements into the BF franchise - namely the amount of unlocks and achievements. The gulf between the have and have-nots is really quite pathetic unless you dedicate s**tloads of hours into it. I must complete every round with about 7 or 8 ribbons and a raft of 'achievements'. Why? It doesn't need it. Keep the gameplay simple, focused and tactical FFS.

It won't be long before an FPS exists with 500 so-called 'ranks' in it. Utterly pointless.

D.

Couldn't agree more!

Being force fed ribbons and achievement's is starting to take the piss to be honest! I mean, the points boost is nice, but it's ridiculous the amount you receive!

A system where you rank up each ribbon would be nicer than having the same target to earn that particular ribbon each and every round.

Meh. Still loving the game game-play wise though. Thoroughly enjoyable :approve:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't agree more!

Being force fed ribbons and achievement's is starting to take the piss to be honest! I mean, the points boost is nice, but it's ridiculous the amount you receive!

A system where you rank up each ribbon would be nicer than having the same target to earn that particular ribbon each and every round.

Meh. Still loving the game game-play wise though. Thoroughly enjoyable :approve:

I am - kinda. Though I think the rough head from finishing the works Xmas Do at 4.15am this morning, isn't helping! I find it a bit weird that by far and away my best 'role' is that of the anti-air tank. And have you seen how many people are choosing the engineer class now? That use to be the least favourite of all the classes!

D.

AK

M240i
Just played a few games of this with the lads.

Awesome game. Need to put more time to it. Only played 20hours and only level 20.

AK

M240i
Lol.

I give you Mr Scutching.

5ec37202-572c-e5a6.jpg

1.8 Civic EX
I must admit, Engineer is fast becoming my fav role to play too...

in BC2 I only realy played as engineer to get the gold stars on the weapons :eek:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Engineer mostly for me trying to use abit of recon aswell.
Got the i.r scopes for the engineer now so i love using them.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Finished second. What?

You play every match like a CoD Deathmatch, rather than going for the objectives! I was the only f*cking planting on every MCOM.

CoD noob.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
LOL @ homo-spec.

I've seen worse.

Guided mortars FUUUUUUU.

Just wrong - plain and simple. A mortar-man should have 3 or 4 shells at the most and then he's dry. Also equip him with nothing other than a side arm and knife. Make it so that they REALLY want to pick that kit, rather than making it an uber-n00b kit of choice.

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
Guided tank shells are a double edged sword. On the one hand they take f**king ages to lock and reload. On the other, if you can get the drop on an enemy tank, you can fire off a guided shell and quickly follow it up with a normal shell. 2 hits in quick succession usually knocks out a tank.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Guided shells are a fun way to take out MAV's that spot you for campers with mortars!

I have to admit I usually have guided shell on the tanks cause all of us that usually play have the CITV station unlocked on the tank so we can pretty much wipe any vehicle out... still doesn't beat nailing a helicopter with an unguided tank shell!

I'm having fun going after the medals, for 10k a piece, to level up! It seems like its 230K per rank after you hit 45 and i'm onto the 6th now.

The karkand map pack is pretty sick but I can't help feel Rush mode could use some more vehicles on gulf of oman! Would really make it an awesome map! A chopper on each team would be awesome!

Wake island... jesus christ that map is fun to play! so much different than BF2 and 1943! It looked so sunny and bright but now it looks evil! Plus the skid loader is so much fun to drive around ... and get roadkills eh dredz ;)!

Clio 1.2 16v
First play ever of Wake Island and i get Skidloaded, I blame the game for splitting us up tbh. It didn't half crack me up though seeing you coming towards me lol

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a 2.07gb update, you have to go to the Store on the Battlefield menu then find and click on Battlefield 3 multiplayer update (should be at the bottom just above upcoming) and it mentions something about you needing this update to play to expansion pack.