ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Just jumped into a game with my German pals.

Op metro a 2000 ticket game. We were 800 tickets behind and turned it round.

Epic epic game. Got about 30k points with all the medals and stuff.

I'm mentally, physically and emotionally drained!

Just been looking at the #1 player on PC - Guy has a score of 71.3M. The guy in 2nd place has 63.4M.

I had a look at his playing time and worked it out as a per day average. He averages over 7 hours a day. So if he missed a day, oh I dunno, say his birthday or Christmas day he would then have to do a 14 hour stint to make up the lost time. What's even more jaw-dropping is that he is only 5th on the "Time Played" league. The guy in top spot is averaging over 9 hours a day. 9 hours a day, every single day, for the last six months. Is that even possible? I'm thinking maybe a join account? Some sort idling stat-padding or perhaps even a gaming cafe type place account?

I don't doubt that some of the top guys are just ordinary accounts though. I remember talking to a guy who at the time was #1 in the BF2 charts. He did seasonal work and so basically all he did during the winter months was play BF2. All day every day.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I put 9 hours into Skyrim one day.....very easily done. 9 hours a day on BF3 would leave me physically and emotionally drained, lol.

Mk2 ph1 clio
I'm guilty of a few 9+ hours but that was with me just coming outta hospital... Unny really after 9+ hours I was almost in a coma and back in hospital lol!

Im getting pretty handy with the attack helicopter now! Had a game recently where I racked up 9k in points in one round with it! ECM hammer ftw! Beats flares any day!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Still adjusting to the changes? It sucks for a week or two but then you get back into it! I'm pulling out much better scores now! W/l ratio is goin up and up and KD is slowly reaching 4.0.

Air vehicles stand more of a chance now too with the limitations set on the stinger however.... The soflam and javelin combo will win everytime even if they deploy flares or ECM jammer... Ain't that right Gman! ;-)

Also .... We want round and found 5 toy dinosaurs and a care bear which I didn't know about until lat night! And googled em!

Clio 1.2 16v
had to go back to work at 6 this morning so i thought id have 4 hours sleep rather than 2 lol

i would have been on Tuesday night but PSN is down for maintenence from 2pm until 3am Wednesday :dead:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Famas is s**t now. Like, properly s**t. The recoil is a joke.

Yeah the recoil is worse but it's still manageable TBH. It's now got a ROF of 1000. Only noticed this yesterday. IIRC that's the best rate of fire of any of the guns. Trouble with that is obviously the magazine count is low so you're constantly reloading.

Yeah the recoil is worse but it's still manageable TBH. It's now got a ROF of 1000. Only noticed this yesterday. IIRC that's the best rate of fire of any of the guns. Trouble with that is obviously the magazine count is low so you're constantly reloading.

Cool, didn't realise that. I don't think it helps that I use it with an ACOG scope, so the recoil seems even more "exagerated" where it is zoomed in. I will try out the red dot tonight.

Also, Metro is now my favourite map. Awesome fun, especially on a server with high tickets.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cool, didn't realise that. I don't think it helps that I use it with an ACOG scope, so the recoil seems even more "exagerated" where it is zoomed in. I will try out the red dot tonight.

Also, Metro is now my favourite map. Awesome fun, especially on a server with high tickets.

PMSL @ using the ACOG scope on the FAMAS. Normally that would be pretty neat, but the recoil is certainly exaggerated with a heavy scope on, like you say.

The Holo scope or Kobra is ideal.

As for Operation Metro, it's far better with high tickets yes. It can still be hugely frustrating if you've captured Flag A and can't get into the subway system for B or C. Defending those flags on Conquest can get you huge points and kills. A lot fo folk love using the LMGs on Metro.

I'm rank 34 now. Just unlocked the Saiga 12k yesterday. I'll add you later mate.

PMSL @ using the ACOG scope on the FAMAS. Normally that would be pretty neat, but the recoil is certainly exaggerated with a heavy scope on, like you say.

The Holo scope or Kobra is ideal.

Lol, the ACOG used to great before the patch. I really got used to that and could get some great kills. Shocking now though!

I'll crack on with the Holo tonight, as I'm 99% sure I've unlocked that.

I'll add you on XBL too Scutch. Haven't had a game with anyone on here in ages!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Haha, I kept editing my post above but yeah.

The Holo will definitely have been unlocked. 80 kills with the Famas, IIRC.

Just seen your edit above. Massively annoying when you have A captured, but the other team have got hold on B & C and are just completely dug in with LMG's and snipers. Near on impossible to break through!

I'm only on level 14 or something terrible like that. :eek:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There is no other way to get to Flag C than through B in the subway, so if there are defenders on B, you need to wipe them all out first. There are 3 ways into B, though. Team play is sometimes essential.

Mito Sportiva 135
Wow, new servers make for epic games....so long, but awesome.

Although when your team goes too far behind you seem to just be delaying the inveitable, and spawn raping for 20 minutes ensues. Not fun! My k/d ratio has fallen to 1.0 after this weekend...after 3 months off my reactions have turned to putty!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Played metro on a 1500 ticket game. Joined when it was 1000 tickets to them and 200 to us, LOL.

Haha it can be done.

We overturned an 800 ticket deficit at the weekend. Was a higher ticket round than yours though.

Mk2 ph1 clio
I had a 1200 ticket CQ game on firestorm last night, me and liam just dominating with the attack helicopter! I can't stress enough how good the ECM jammer is!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Just like flares but it lasts about 5/6 seconds after you hit the button whereas flares are just an instant countermeasure.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ah cool, flares are pretty rubbish really...so easy to get hit still with them.

Will be on later tonight if anyone else is?

Mk2 ph1 clio
Yeah it's rare me and dredz/liam get taken out the sky!

The best way to take out the enemy helicopter is like this :

It's important you lock onto the enemy first... When you do only fire one heat seeker and hit reload. It's important you only fire one heat seeker because they will waste their flares on it and by the time your heat seekers have reloaded they wont have a chance to use flares again!

If they start to lock onto you fire off your ECM jammer! Your heat seekers should be reloaded by now and you can fire both at them and they still haven't even managed to lock onto you because of the jammer! 9 times outta 10 both heat seekers will hit and disable them sending them downwards which means the gunner can finish them off with the canon.

If I can find all the leads for my Dazzle I'll try and put a video up, there's a few good techniques which let you batter the opposition without them getting a look in!

Mito Sportiva 135
I will be on too, add me! Brando M83

Do you use headsets though, as I might not be able to if my housemate is asleep (wish I had my old Turtle Beach X31s still so I didn't have to shout!)