ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I've got 26 a fair few times so I may use it later on but we'll see.

I'm literally getting wet at the thought.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've got 26 a fair few times so I may use it later on but we'll see.

I'm literally getting wet at the thought.
XBOX mate?

I am piss3 but there seems to be a few sex boxers around here :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sexbox mate. My flat mate is on piss3 but the idiot isn't getting it.
Idiot and isn't gettingit sounds about right, tell him he's a t**t from me.

He does realise what this game is doesn't he?

Bumder With A Buffer
Hurry up shopto and deliver my game early :)

I can decide whether to take Monday or Tuesday off next week....maybe both (I haven't done that since I was about 14!) if the fucker ain't here on Monday I'm going to asda etc at midnight. Then it will probably come Tuesday morning :rolleyes:

Revels Mum & Sister
No that is the Firmware release for the Flashed drive. Nothing to do with MW2. MW2 is what is called a Wave 4 game. So anyone playing dodgy copies needs to either use a boot disc or be lucky and have a Hitachi drive at the moment to play it.

Going online would not be a good idea. May get the Xbox banned. However MS are on a banning wave in the US at the moment.

The versions floating around is retail I believe!

57 Clio Campus Sport
No that is the Firmware release for the Flashed drive. Nothing to do with MW2. MW2 is what is called a Wave 4 game. So anyone playing dodgy copies needs to either use a boot disc or be lucky and have a Hitachi drive at the moment to play it.

Going online would not be a good idea. May get the Xbox banned. However MS are on a banning wave in the US at the moment.

The versions floating around is retail I believe!

Hitachi, BenQ and Samsung all ok without disc now. Liteon is still waiting. This has gone a bit off topic now. I am really looking forward to this game though :p

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
MS can ban me all they want :D

Memory unit, one month subs, new gamertag :D

JungleOggy.jpg

57 Clio Campus Sport
pirates sux0r

I only do it as a demo (of which there are a distinct lack of on XBLM these days), If it is good (which I'm sure MW2 will be) I have no problems paying full price.

I MW2 case I'm only doing it to get it early as I don't really need a demo, I mean it is COD after all :p

Bumder With A Buffer
It is the box they ban though isnt it. So doesnt matter if you use a different tag!

But by using another memory unit stops them being able to get the relevant info out of said Xbox. The mac ids will be the same though so not sure why the don't just ban using mac addresess :S

Unless MS don't look at/log mac ids

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
No, they'll probably account, and console ban me.

Ill fire up my Super Elite, recover my real gamertag and proceed to pwn*

*Or be pwned.

Revels Mum & Sister
I see so he will NOT use the hard drive at the moment with Xbox. Sorry missed that! Assumed that was his only device.

Seems like it is all fruitless anyway! Lots of Yanks with up to date firmware and Verfified & patched games getting banned!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
But by using another memory unit stops them being able to get the relevant info out of said Xbox. The mac ids will be the same though so not sure why the don't just ban using mac addresess :S

Unless MS don't look at/log mac ids

They ban using ConsoleID and Serial.

Ive stated earlier in the thread, Ive got 4 (now 5) 360's - The ban really wont affect me.

They account banned for Forza 3 - Thats why Im using "JungleOggy" - So they can account ban that.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I now know of 4 people who have played the full game on their modded consoles, and all of them claim it's fantastic. One of them tried to go online via XBL (numpty) and his machine crashed and refused to turn back on. Not sure if that's some sort of bug which has sneaked in to the pirated copies, but he wasn't too pleased :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Potential gameplay spoilers below :

Fantastic game this, especially the new bonus thing where you do certain objectives with a friend and there is quite a lot from stealth to all out war to snowmobile races

The best one was me in the planes gunship thing (that only shows people as white) and my mate was on the ground trying to get to the checkpoint whilst i cover and guide him and all this is at night.

Seeing all the explosions on his screen that i was causing was great and even seeing his laser sight shining half way across the map from my view was a nice touch. Its bloody hard on the ground though as you don't have a clue where your going so you have to rely on the other player to guide you in the plane above.

Another was in a favela trying to take out as many gang members as possible, the problem though was that there were civilians running around and bolting out of doors and stuff so you have to avoid shooting them.

To put it simple its all so much better than COD4, better levels, better guns (the new gadgets are brilliant), better story and the AI seems more realistic as well, for example my mate shot down one side of a bridge and they all positioned themselves behind cars leaning towrds him so i could sneak down the other side and pick them off without them seeing me, i cant recall that happening in COD4

Played some more multiplayer and checked out all the weapons, weapon attachments, perks and kill streak stuff and there is alot of new stuff

The weapons are brilliant and some of the add-ons are even better, you have all the usual stuff plus heartbeat sensor which is great with the sniper rifle, thermal scope, holographic sight, throwing knife and a even a shotgun on the end instead of a grenade launcher

The kill streak has a random crate drop (from a plane) at 4 kills which can get you a auto-turret which is deadly, a UAV stopper, Chopper, Air Strike and this self controlled missile and maybe a few more there is that much new stuff in the game i forgot most of it

The multiplayer maps look very good as well and they are nice and varied, this will be game of the year once again

The mission in the favelas on this is the best one i have played in a while

Put it on the hardest and it is awesome, they come out from doors, windows on the roof and throw granades all over the place so you dont know where to look next. A good part was i thought i killed a guy but he was still slightly alive on the floor and he pulled out a grenade, pulled the pin and blew himself up and nearly killed me just after i had realised what he did :D

I played more last night as well and the levels are very different and keep you on your edge at all times

From running off in the favelas (which was brilliant) to moving through American streets which have been invaded to sneaking onto a Oil Rig

Its just all so well put together, bullets flying everywhere hitting stuff and fighting around diners with them throwing grenades and the windows glass exploding like smoke and they way it all interacts is brilliant. Something surprises you every level and just makes you say "did you see that", little bits of random stuff as well like a enemy parachuting down and smashing into a roof killing himself and one trying to cut himself himself loose after being stuck in the air to avoid getting shot and alot more like that

There is so much stuff that happens i cant remember half of it :D
Were all in for a treat on the 10th though :cool:

Potential gameplay spoilers above.

Bumder With A Buffer
They ban using ConsoleID and Serial.

Ive stated earlier in the thread, Ive got 4 (now 5) 360's - The ban really wont affect me.

They account banned for Forza 3 - Thats why Im using "JungleOggy" - So they can account ban that.

Which is in the memory. Hence why you put a new memory unit in. Is it not? I havent looked into the things involved in it though.

Post was aimed at Rasclart more then anything.

Im just surprised they dont do it by MAC ID as thats unique to the unit (although hard to log/read)